News   Mar 28, 2024
 526     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 410     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 749     0 

Starbucks

The Starbucks at Church and Shuter recently closed as well. It's vacant. There are several indie coffee shops in the area. As for Queen & Logan, you can't beat the made-to-order apple fritters across the street at Purple Penguin.

Every day, over the relatively short distance from Manulife to Bloor station in the concourse level, I walk past three Starbucks. It's excessive, but at least they have long hours - they open very early and close late. The new Pilot at Manulife, on the other hand, opens after I leave in the morning and closes at 7 pm on weekdays, 6 pm on Sat. and Sun.
At least you are not in Springfield Mall:

Is Toronto going to gt one of those big starbuks shops like Milan and Chicago got?

You mean the Reserve bar concept, with on-site roasting?

There is one, it's at Shops on Don Mills.

Not sure if there will be a downtown one, at 3,000sq ft plus I imagine rents are an issue.

Church and Shuter closed because they are opening a new location at Dundas and Jarvis that would have been too close to it. Plus the store was really too small, an odd shape, and badly in need of a renovation.

The Starbucks at Church and Shuter recently closed as well. It's vacant. There are several indie coffee shops in the area. As for Queen & Logan, you can't beat the made-to-order apple fritters across the street at Purple Penguin.
Enjoy the fritters while you can, because the owner was told that her lease wouldn't be renewed past April 2021. I think the building has been sold.

Church and Shuter closed because they are opening a new location at Dundas and Jarvis that would have been too close to it. Plus the store was really too small, an odd shape, and badly in need of a renovation.

Huh? They are not that close at all. Especially in such a dense area.

OK I was thinking Church and Lombard/Adelaide ha ha. But still the area is populated enough to support both.

We need a new Starbucks in Cabbagetown. See the map below, there's something akin to a Starbucks desert in the CT area. Hopefully we'll get one in the new Regent Park.

Back