News   May 23, 2024
 376     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 616     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 1.2K     1 

St Lawrence Market

I'd have gone in if they had objectified cute male waitstaff by forcing them to wear tiny kilts and crop tops.

I don't mind if restos sell 'sexy' to a point, irrespective of the sex/gender of their staff.

I do mind, if beyond that they have nothing of note culinarily to offer.

I have been to the Tilted Kilt, exactly once, w/some friends, some years back.

The wait staff was certainly soft on the eyes...............but........I never did return.

That said, Shoeless Joe's is still, near certainly, a step down.

Sadly.

I don't mind if restos sell 'sexy' to a point, irrespective of the sex/gender of their staff.

I do mind, if beyond that they have nothing of note culinarily to offer.

I have been to the Tilted Kilt, exactly once, w/some friends, some years back.

The wait staff was certainly soft on the eyes...............but........I never did return.

That said, Shoeless Joe's is still, near certainly, a step down.

Sadly.

On a similar note, about a year ago I went to the Hooters at Adelaide and John for the first time to try the endless wing special (Mondays only, I think), and they were surprisingly decent, so I would go back for that aside from the "view" ;)

On a similar note, about a year ago I went to the Hooters at Adelaide and John for the first time to try the endless wing special (Mondays only, I think), and they were surprisingly decent, so I would go back for that aside from the "view" ;)

I've walked past that spot a ton of times.........often on my way to/from MEC or the Paramount/Scotiabank cinema.

Never really felt the inclination to try; always wondered how something sitting on such pricey real estate could make a go of it; considering that during summers, with windows open, I don't ever recall seeing the place busy.

I've walked past that spot a ton of times.........often on my way to/from MEC or the Paramount/Scotiabank cinema.

Never really felt the inclination to try; always wondered how something sitting on such pricey real estate could make a go of it; considering that during summers, with windows open, I don't ever recall seeing the place busy.

I went there once because it was next door to my work. The food was so-so.

Last call!

Members of the St. Lawrence Market Precinct Advisory Committee support and advocate for the St. Lawrence Market, providing advice and recommendations to the City to enhance the Market and Precinct for the benefit of the community and all Toronto residents.

The St. Lawrence Market Precinct Advisory Committee is currently looking to fill two vacancies within the public member positions, and are looking for prospective members with expertise within the Food and Beverage industry and/or the Real Estate Development/Building Management industries.

If you are interested, you can apply online by November 15, 2020 by visiting the City’s website.

I attended one of the TTC's virtual shows last night on their Service Plan for 2021.It was quite informative and I was pleased to see they have made some improvements to the routing of the 121 bus from their original proposal. It will still pass Union Station and will only use Mill Street westbound. I am still not sure if it will stop at Union but... Here is the proposed new route (though they have moved Scott Street somewhat further east!)

121 bus.jpg

At last! The City has just announced that their electrical contractors will start on Monday replacing the first generation of LED heritage lighting on St Lawrence Hall.

"Project timelines are as follows: starting work this Monday November 16th and ending mid-December.

The replacement schedule is as follows: first - spot lights located on roof, second - lower level lights - up lighting the columns, third - replacing the lights on the upper areas."

At last! The City has just announced that their electrical contractors will start on Monday replacing the first generation of LED heritage lighting on St Lawrence Hall.

"Project timelines are as follows: starting work this Monday November 16th and ending mid-December.

The replacement schedule is as follows: first - spot lights located on roof, second - lower level lights - up lighting the columns, third - replacing the lights on the upper areas."
Is the dome going to be lit?

Back