News   Apr 18, 2024
 197     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 359     0 

St Lawrence Market

Seriously?? Now that they're surrounded by towers, NOW they choose to sell, when they had ample opportunity before? Hilariously dumb.

Reactions: DSC
I understand that the 65 King folk tried hard to buy that lot so it really is very stupid!

It's going to remain a "nail house" forever. Nothing significant can be done with that tiny piece of land, and the building is heritage to boot. Fools.

I reported your observation to my contact and his reply should please you!

"We indeed have two flickering lights and hopefully will be addressing this Wednesday.

Thank you and very appreciative of all the feedback."

I assume this means they are testing again on Wednesday!
Fixed! 😊

Reactions: DSC
I like having oddball buildings like this amongst modern towers to be totally honest. Hopefully, it can be repurposed as something useful to the area.
I could not agree more BUT they have put it up for sale as a 'development site' so they obviously hope to get $$$$$$ for it. Their problem is that they have likely missed the boat as the site is very small and totally surrounded by 65 King and streets. They would have been better to accept the offers they were apparently made to them by the 65 KIng developers!

Coming to Council next week: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.MM25.3

Recommendations
Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, seconded by Councillor Michael Thompson, recommends that City Council adopt the following recommendation in the report (October 21, 2020) from the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management:

1. City Council authorize the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management, to negotiate and enter into an agreement with Inabuggy Incorporated to permit the use of the City's official marks relating to St. Lawrence Market and the operation of an online grocery shopping and delivery service for St. Lawrence Market, at no cost to the City, on terms acceptable to the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management and in a form satisfactory to the City Solicitor.​

The oft-delayed Wellington Street streetscape project, covering the Church to Yonge segment is apparently tendered with an eye to Spring of 2021.

Given all the delays, no surprise, there was a budget shortfall; and the Councillor was asked to find the money through section 37 agreements in her ward.

That has been done, and as result we have this motion going to the Oct 27th meeting of Council to release said funds:

The oft-delayed Wellington Street streetscape project, covering the Church to Yonge segment is apparently tendered with an eye to Spring of 2021.

Given all the delays, no surprise, there was a budget shortfall; and the Councillor was asked to find the money through section 37 agreements in her ward.

That has been done, and as result we have this motion going to the Oct 27th meeting of Council to release said funds:

To expand, the project tender call closed on 5 October. No word yet on who it will be awarded to. The City hopes to award it 'in 5 or 6 weeks" with work starting ASAP in the 2021 'season" (probably April 1). The use of Section 37 $ was always envisioned for this project as it will have features above the standard. Until it was tendered there was no point in committing them to this project which is why it is happening now. If the bids exceed the $$ there are two possibilities, more Section 37 $$ or the dreaded cheapening (or maybe more City $$).

Back