News   Mar 18, 2024
 591     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 731     0 

St Lawrence Market

Not necessarily St. Larwrence news, but I was up on Cherry St tonight for my soccer game, and the amount of water piled up on the roads there was quite unusual. I guess it rained a fair amount today.

Mangia & Bevi on Ontario Street:
We are temporarily closed due to renovation and location change. We can’t wait to see you again!
Best Regards,
M&B Management
That's a bit cryptic. Are they renovating, or moving? I guess they mean they will move but the new location will not look like the old.

Mangia & Bevi on Ontario Street:

That's a bit cryptic. Are they renovating, or moving? I guess they mean they will move but the new location will not look like the old.
They had to close as their building is being re-developed. Lets hope their new location is as scenic, but with a better patio! Nice people.

The final concrete around the tracks on the section of the Wellington project from King to Scott was poured today. There now only remains the short block from just east of Scott to just east of Yonge to do. I think that because of the garage entrance on the block, the contractors will do a 'blitz' on that block and try to do ALL the road work in a weekend. I noticed that, just east of Yonge, they have put down the yellow tactile markings on the new sidewalk for a long streetcar stop.

The reno on this former warehouse at 164 Princess St has been going on (very slowly) for several years. No obvious work has been going on for several months and it looks like:

1659969858900.png

They are applying at C of A on 17 August for addition of a "partial fifth floor sunroom addition." I have looked at the plans and am quite unclear as to what the purpose of the renovated building will be but clearly offices of some kind (maybe medical?)

Back