Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

My first post!!! :)

This project looks really good! Love the fact it's close to subway and Go.

Anyone know when suites will be for sale?

Welcome, oilercountry.

I'm concerned that this project is basically one large cul-de-sac. Jacbosian dogma teaches us that a lack of road connections is not a good thing. Should they be required to put underpasses in strategic locations so as to provide at least some linkage to a future street grid to the north and east?

^ Sufferance will be extended to meet up with Emblem, which will be connected up to Lamont, but a north/south connection west of the Stouffville line - perhaps the most important road as far as Metrogate is concerned - is a little more ambiguous. At least, that's what's planned, including what's in the official plan...http://www.toronto.ca/planning/official_plan/pdf_secondary/1_agincourt_june2006.pdf

Oh, and it's really not that close to the subway or to useful GO service...not yet, anyway...

Well, from reading some of the articles and seeing some renderings from the Tridel website, it appears that they're building a station as part of the project.

They're leaving room for a station, but I don't see them actually building anything until the subway's extended and/or GO service is run on the Midtown line...Agincourt GO station could be moved south, but that's it since there's no bus connections here.

solaris_2towers_640.jpg

building_640.jpg

building_night_640.jpg

solaris_entrance_640.jpg

site_plan_640.jpg

That's also a really long detour for TTC buses coming off Kennedy or Sheppard to feed the station.

With the new Ontario plan, the GO Station is very likely, perhaps even being an interchange station. If it is better than what we think of as GO service these days, the subway won't be so important, at least for this development.

granted, those renderings look shiny and futuristic in a way which some might find appealing. However, that doesn't hide the fact the location is appallingly awkward and ugly and poorly planned. I'd rather be a renter for life than "save" $100,000 by buying a place here than downtown.

^ Tridel wouldn't be building that many units out there without undergoing extensive research on local market conditions - they obviously believe there are a lot of people out there who would want to put down a substantial amount of money to live in that location.

Metrogate is no more appallingly awkward and ugly and poorly planned than something like, say, Liberty Village. You can buy houses two blocks away for $800,000 - Agincourt is a decent neighbourhood with potential. The death of the Sheppard subway will kill Metrogate's chances to be a nice place to live, though, especially since no subway = no more redevelopment of the area's industrial properties.

Back