Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

^ Well it has been on the books for a while and I believe the EA is complete. Unfortunately no serious studies have been put into another downtown subway. I seriously wonder how conjested the King and Queen Streetcars and road traffic has to become until politicians or the TTC look at a subway option.

Although this development and others in the pipeline indicate that the one real flaw in the Total Transit City package of LRTs is that the Sheppard line should be extended rather then forced to forever be a stubway with an addition transfer to an LRT. I hope this one aspect of the plan is reconsidered.

That little park has everything going on, doesn't it? A playground for the kiddies; bridges for people who like to cross bridges when they come to them and look down at kiddies; different levels - to justify having bridges; a Spanish Steps thing; winding paths; a water feature pond thingy; paved plazas; little lawns; dense plantings of shrubs or flowers; symmetrically planted deciduous trees; an evergreen district ...

^It's such a high-maintenance park. I can't see how that park will be realized unless they pay some gardeners at below minimum wage.

Maintaining it will be fun. Will it age well, like the Music Garden, I wonder?

Metrogate.jpg

I suspect this is an older complex rendering, before one of the towers shot up to 42 stories in height.

suspect this is an older complex rendering, before one of the towers shot up to 42 stories in height

I count around 42 floors on the papa towers

Which one is the papa tower, second from right?
Does mama have good height as well?

I think it's a newish rendering, too - if you check out the site plan in the city report linked on the first page, it's been completely changed since 2005.

Interesting how the complex is planned for the very edge of the earth. What is that gray stuff? Someone familiar with the site know?

the tall towers on the far right are around 42 if you include the parkade podium

the rendering appears to face east

2055.jpg

oops ... 401 is to the south and the Delta hotel takes up the grey area

Is there talk of both towers being 42 floors? Should I indicate as such on the '400' list?

we have a rendering with two towers in the 40 storey range and an interview in the Scarbourgh Mirror where a Tridel exec reported the first phase being up to 42 storeys tall - use your own discretion

Back