Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

from the 11th also

VXoyw.jpg

Tridel Metrogate Construction Video 2011

Here's little look back in history. We produced a video to show some of the great team behind the construction, sales and customer service of our Metrogate community at Kennedy and 401. Things have moved quickly since the video was shot.
  • The Metrogate Townhomes were sold and occupied last August
  • Solaris One is sold out

Hope you enjoy the video and that you get a sense of the excitement, energy and passion our team puts into building communities.

[video]http://youtu.be/RNVOPBXL80c[/video]

Last edited:
Here's the Ventus Rooftop party video from April 26, 2012: [video]http://youtu.be/vgKpz7qzK4M[/video]

June 4 2012 update

Liking the Art Feature Installed in the Courtyard
IMG_1225.jpg

Metrogate Park square/plaza area - with Ventus beyond
IMG_1224.jpg

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but was there ever talk of a rooftop feature to light these buildings up at night? They are by far the tallest in the area but driving by at night, they are completely underwhelming.

valid question r2siv (and welcome to UT) ... I had the same thought back in May 2011 ... unfortunately Tridel decided to NOT provide lighting for the rooftop architectural feature @ Solaris :(

Thank you for the comprehensive photos TWM .... quick question, will the rooftop architectural feature @ Solaris (even if just the silver portion) be lite up at night ? It would be really too bad if this feature wasn't highlighted, a lost cause in my opinion ~ Similar lighted rooftop features turned out quite nicely @ Ultra Ovation, New York Towers, Arc, One Park, Ellipse, and various Cityplace Towers

From construction project mgmt: "We can not light the mech PH due to restrictions related to our LEED Neighbourhood Development credit."

2. Metrogate is one of North America's first LEED Neighbourhood Developments, and the requirements are different than just for a single building. Not putting lighting on the roof was a LEED ND credit that we chose to pursue.

Question: I was looking at units on Kijiji. Why are they so cheap? You can rent a 2 bedroom (including parking) for $1350.

condos in the middle of an industrial park, abysmal transit access, no local amenities? I'm amazed Tridel managed to sell 6 towers here, honestly.

condos in the middle of an industrial park, abysmal transit access, no local amenities? I'm amazed Tridel managed to sell 6 towers here, honestly.

But it's right off the highway and close to a lot of shopping and restaurants. I'm not surprised Tridel sold here. The prices were very low when this project came out. I've spent a lot of time in this building. They did a very good job with it.

valid question r2siv (and welcome to UT) ... I had the same thought back in May 2011 ... unfortunately Tridel decided to NOT provide lighting for the rooftop architectural feature @ Solaris :(

That's too bad. It would look spectacular! I'm not sure how high efficiency LED lighting would be considered significant for LEED certification.

And regarding the low rents, I think it's to be competitive with the dozens of rental and condo buildings in the area (Kennedy and Ellesmere, Birchmount and Sheppard, etc.). When we used to rent (about 3 years ago), I think a spacious 3 bedroom was around $1200.

But it's right off the highway and close to a lot of shopping and restaurants. I'm not surprised Tridel sold here. The prices were very low when this project came out. I've spent a lot of time in this building. They did a very good job with it.

oh I know they did a good job with it, its Tridel.

As they always say in real estate however, there are 3 important things in selling a home. Location, Location, and Location.

Back