News   Jun 03, 2024
 213     0 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.2K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 4K     2 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the last 3 on the bottom, but the ones above look really nice. Either way, its a new building for a Toronto :)

My vote is for the vertical sculpting hands down (approach 2). Very elegant.:)

Other looks like an Arquitectonica design that belongs in Miami.

Approach 2 is solid. It looks very sleek. The fourth one looks like a singe structure emerald city, I like it.

Approach 2 is the one above, right? That one looks AMAZING! The other one...like a ridiulous video game fantasy buidling.

1,3, and 4 get my vote. The bottom three look awful in my opinion. They (1,3, and 4) remind me of the cancelled 801 West Georgia in Vancouver. A very nice and modern symbol for the city without clashing with it's suroundings.

Then again, one can use the Ypsilanti water tower as a model...
winner_1.jpg

Just to clarify, approach 1 is the bottom 3 images, approach 2 is the 5 images at the top.

3Dementia:
Thanks for the clarification. I like it, but I think all those edges might be a bit much for Harry.

:eek

Is it me or do these renderings look very stunted. Short and squat is how they feel - They certainly are not tall and elegant. At least in these renderings.

NO multi coloured glass...please please please.

I like Approach 2, all one colour glass - green, blue, or black? I really like the idea of all the 2-story units.

I like the bottom set, should be a single colour. (the first of the four). Not muliti colour, since there should be no reason for the exterior to reflect how the building is split on the inside. (hotel, condo, etc).

recap.. single colour, one on the bottom left. (new posting)

I agree with Whistlerintoronto --- not to rip off the design, but the Bing Thom 687 Howe in Vancouver is what approach 2 reminds me of. That project was my favorite in Van.
Cass, you should show H.S. the renderings of that building over at Emporis.
I vote approach 2 (vertical sculpting) with a single glass color -- blue (keep it sapphire) or black. Trump will be green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back