310     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty, and simply, clear that Dougie is going on what he thinks is an offensive because he's heard inklings of things he'll have to be on the defensive about. It's how he rolls. Expect victim-anguished reports of bricks through his windows tonight, or dead horse heads in his bed.

So that's it? Doug's "smearing" John Tory with...

1) Rogers did negative option billing! (Aghast!)
2) Tory was one of X board members that managed to restructure and save a company from going completely bankrupt?

Hey Doug...
YOUR BROTHER BARELY SHOWED UP FOR WORK!
WHEN HE DID, HE WAS OFTEN DRUNK AND HIGH ON CRACK!

Sadly, in many spheres it's true. Loyalty can't be bought.

Loyalty is like beer. You can't buy it. You can only rent it.

(Although some will play a rusty trombone, if you pay extra.)

Based on absolutely nothing concrete, I posit that Jude's info-drop will have to do with Deco and COI. One can only hope it's a doozy.

I think "holding the jar open for a buddy, and telling him to take an extra one or two cookies while he's looking the other way" would be a more likely variation of the story.

The loss at Build Toronto is troubling.. Doug was in the number two chair at that table. That it's to do with Build is not a lock, but it's a good place to start looking.

That sounds about right.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"The biggest hazard is running right down the middle of St. Clair Avenue" Doug Ford at tonight's debate #TOpoli

I'm more afraid of falling onto the subway tracks / third or falling down the stairs rail than I am of getting run over by the 512 St. Clair streetcar.

Lesson? Don't run down the centre of St. Clair or you will be hit by a LRV.

Last edited:
Well if there's shit about to hit a fan - either Doug isn't aware or he's a true sociopath cause he looks calm as a cucumber on citynews just now with Kevin the Frank ish.

Based on absolutely nothing concrete, I posit that Jude's info-drop will have to do with Deco and COI. One can only hope it's a doozy.

Well, if it doesn't have to be based on anything, I'll take garbage contracting/GFL/Romeo DiBatista for $200, Alex.

Pud - while I agree that the defense against Charter Comm attacks on Tory s/b 'the company still exists, workers kept their jobs', to say it's not bankruptcy is a different form of sophistry. Prepackaged or not, the current shareholders were wiped out. That's bankruptcy.

Don't do Ford the favour of splitting hairs. Go on the attack - "i negotiated this deal to save jobs."

This. There's a reason you use crosswalks. Is Doug saying jaywalkers shouldn't expect danger?

Well, as a pedestrian I am more afraid of speeding cars, right turns without signals, red-light runners than a streetcar trying to "rush" me. But then again, what does Doug knows about being a pedestrian?

AoD

Well, as a pedestrian I am more afraid of speeding cars, right turns without signals, red-light runners than a streetcar trying to "rush" me. But then again, what does Doug knows about being a pedestrian?

AoD

That's true - you can usually see a streetcar coming a long way off. But Doug and Rob generally vote against crosswalks and traffic lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back