3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big fan of negative option billing and think that companies that do it are kind of scummy.

Oh believe me we're definitely quite in agreement there. The main point I'm saying or at least my guess on why Doug tried that particular attack. Rogers negative billing was a lightning rod, key word was. While I hate negative billing, and I'm pretty far from a rogers fan in general. I think Doug is wrong if he thought that specific callback and linking it to Tory would be a hot button issue that would rally the angry votes. Because at least among the circle of people I know, more of them are dropping traditional cable tv subscriptions. Doug might as well rail about the price gouging of horse buggy whips. People can care on a personal level about price gouging. Buggy whips, not so much. At least not in this era.

In the big scheme of things? It pales in comparison to the things Hash Dealer Doug and his 2 brothers did back in the day.

What, none of you silver spoon elitist had a lemonade stand when you were younger? He was a young enterpreneur! I mean lemons, hash, same diff. ;)

It's also the sort of thing that Tory actually could point to and say 'Yes, that was a mistake. I learned something from that, namely listening to customers/taxpayers, etc.'.

Yes, but anyway, again, Doug has already tried the negative billing attack and it has not acquired legs. (Even the CH media find it to be boring 'old news'.)

Was thinking the same - when it's an article its out by now. Grrr!!!

But the intention was a scheduled press conference, that could happen any time today. Jude seemed pretty definitive that it would be today for sure.

Last edited:
The Twitter timeline of the ever-so-charming Graeme McEacheran suggests to me that they think that they do have 'something' to 'reveal' after Doug has built up enough phoney suspense with his daily hints.

I wonder if Graeme is getting so flustered and angry on twitter right now because he know that come October 27th, he's likely to be out of a job?

Yes, but anyway, again, Doug has already tried the negative billing attack and it has not acquired legs. (Even the CH media find it to be boring 'old news'.)

And rightly so. I'm sure there's something to be found against Doug that is more weighty than 'he engaged in a dubious business practice and then reversed it after a public outcry'.

They may also have nothing but think letting people speculate will be damaging enough. Doug has certainly implied improprieties about people in the past that were baseless.

Why not just retaliate with google....The Isaac Brock Society..."Did Doug Ford file his FBAR for his Canadian Assets when he ran the Chicago/US branch of Deco Labels".....

Is Jude a musician, as well? Because if this is all one big stunt to help promote her new album or something, I'll be verrrrry upset ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back