136     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 284     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 347     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob is far less dangerous as a councillor. It also keeps him in the public eye to go down in flames one way or another.

Doug will lose the election handily.

This is not ideal but it's not the worst.

Also this was totally planned, we've all been had.

Too sick to run for mayor

But healthy enough to run in Ward 2?

Right. We've been had. The wife-beating racist has conned us. Tumour my ass.

Here's my guess (though I got the run-up totally wrong): Rob can win Ward 2 without campaigning. So, he's hoping his tumor is benign. He'll have his surgery and be more or less back on his feet when council resumes in the new year, or soon after. If Doug wins (though I can't see it), he'll probably resign after Rob's recovery and force a new election. An hour ago, I would have called that crazy talk. Now, anything looks possible.

I can't wait to see him defend his "track record," because unlike Rob, most of his recent fuckups are his own public actions, not his "personal life." So much belligerence. So many lies. He will melt down like a popsicle on a hot fucking sidewalk.

Rob will be his track record. He will continue to blah blah blah Rob's talking points. And milk the "tumor".

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 31s
Now it's real: "The Mammoliti camp is formally endorsing Doug," Giorgio Mammoliti says in a call to CP24.

Not the best endorsement.

Delurking to say that I feel badly for Andray Domise and the sane people that would have voted for him in Ward 2 - he would have been a real breath of fresh air compared to the corrupt shitpile that is the Ford family. As it stands now he has even less chance than before.

Here's my guess (though I got the run-up totally wrong): Rob can win Ward 2 without campaigning. So, he's hoping his tumor is benign. He'll have his surgery and be more or less back on his feet when council resumes in the new year, or soon after. If Doug wins (though I can't see it), he'll probably resign after Rob's recovery and force a new election. An hour ago, I would have called that crazy talk. Now, anything looks possible.

That's disturbingly plausible.

AoD

Is all of the dirt on Rob fair game now?

I'd say so. I never had sympathy for the guy in the first place, but I did feel he deserved to be left alone for treatment. But the extremes these fuckheads will go to game the system is outright disgusting. Bring it on. And don't stop.

Rob is far less dangerous as a councillor. It also keeps him in the public eye to go down in flames one way or another.

Doug will lose the election handily.

This is not ideal but it's not the worst.

Also this was totally planned, we've all been had.
Actually, quite a few of us on UT were pretty close in our "crazy speculations" over the last few weeks. A friend of mine swears I've already read the book because I'm so accurate with what the Fords will do next.

So Doug went for it. So here's my question: what is this even about? Does he actually think he has a shot, or is this some kind of inexplicable self-sacrifice for the Ford family name/Rob's long-term career?
They listen to their mother. What's important to them is the Ford brand, their notion that they're the only ones who can carry the flag for the kind of noble traditional values of self-sacrifice and independence that made Doug Ford Sr. a giant among men. And they've concluded that Skandalburgermeister, while maybe more likeable, is a screw-up and will always be a screw-up. They're tired of putting out his fires. Doug is more responsible, and within their small family circle, more deserving of a leadership position. Perhaps you have noticed that it was always Doug who was pumping the notion of Ford Nation. That wasn't ever about the Skandalburgermeister, but about their family brand.

But then that's trying to apply some logical explanation to their ways. More likely they're just scammers and bullshitters running two steps ahead of their torrent of trouble, making it all up as they go.

Last edited:

Well, I'm sure he's HOPING it's benign either way. But it seems odd, while mired in uncertainty, that he would think he's healthy enough to be a councillor but not mayor. Obviously he was going to lose and this is a way to not have to go back to sitting in a janitor's closet at Deco but if he really is sick, he's denying that ward a proper councillor.

I wonder how Mikey now feels about all this?

I'm sure Doug will tell us he was disappointed until Diane told him that after Justin Trudeau it will be Mike's turn to be Prime Minister.

I'd say so. I never had sympathy for the guy in the first place, but I did feel he deserved to be left alone for treatment. But the extremes these fuckheads will go to game the system is outright disgusting. Bring it on. And don't stop.

I wonder how many people are disgusted with the Ford's for playing them and how that would translate into votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back