News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 645     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/06/60th-anniversary-of-marilyn-bells-swim

Gee, Doug Sr. is not mentioned in the story or seen in the photos selected. Must be because Joey Worms is in Kiev.

*This afternoon at 12:30 pm Marilyn will visit with my co-host Gene Stevens and me on am740 radio’s “Mike Filey’s Toronto”. The show will be repeated next Saturday, same time, same station."

I hope someone asks about Doug Sr. That's a massive headline.

http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/08/fact-32-doug-ford-sr-did-not-as-his.html

Last edited:
I imagine that anyone with dirt on Ford has been saving the worst of it for the next two months. Let it out just before the election and completely destroy his chances of being mayor. One can hope anyway.

Same here.

"The campaign.... starts.... today!"

Shudder.

Shudder indeed. I hope this is the last time that a member of the Ford family is elected. Unrelated people also named Ford are fine though.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/06/60th-anniversary-of-marilyn-bells-swim

Gee, Doug Sr. is not mentioned in the story or seen in the photos selected. Must be because Joey Worms is in Kiev.

He can stay in Kiev!

They won't. They won't see it as a legitimate loss. They'll cry about vote fixing. They're already crying about how ALL of the media is conspiring to make John Tory look good (didn't know newsrooms in Toronto were so anti-competitive).

The election will be stolen in their eyes. I just hope they have the brains to eventually shut up about it and realize that their stupid initial trust in Rob Ford was misplaced, and that their own cognitive dissonance reduction is what caused them to keep holding onto to a sinking, burning, radioactive ship.

Hope however, is a waking dream.

But in the meantime, they see the anti-Fords' measured lack of "bwahaha" and allowance for the unthinkable as weakness. Like, whichever side you're on, you *have* to be, or at least to project, 110% confidence--right?

They're fearful of being fearful.

There is a lot of misinformation and/or urban myth on this thread about Ford's ability to enter the US.

For amusement, I have looked into the US law on this subject in some depth.

His options are:

1. Try to enter and be admitted. This would require that he luck onto a border agent who knows nothing about his admission of cocaine use and misses the record of his voluntary withdrawal at Chicago. This scenario is very unlikely.

2. Try to enter, run into a border agent who sees the record of his voluntary withdrawal, and once again be offered the option of voluntary withdrawal. This scenario is very unlikely.

3. Try to enter, run into a border agent who sees the record of his voluntary withdrawal and be subjected to a hearing on his ability to enter. This scenario is very likely if he does not have a waiver, and it is very likely that he would lose at such a hearing, with the result that he would be deported.

4. Apply for a waiver. It is very likely that he would get one , especially (but not only) if he was still a public official with a potential need to attend an official event, when he applied, because he did not admit to repeated, continuing use of cocaine and his criminal record is limited to the DUI in Floriida that caused no injury.

Pud and Everyone: I found this US entry options for RF very interesting and this makes me wonder how the US CBP would handle
either a visit or long-term stay...Could a fifth option see RF "sneak" into the US and get a type of asylum to enter long-term rehab?

The "Ford in the USA" did get me thinking of the Bruce Springsteen middle 80s song and if he does not get into the US the title could
be "Banned from the USA"...Remembering that Bruce Springsteen politically is no fan of the hard right - he has already asked some
political campaigns of Republican candidates not to use his "Born in the USA" lyrics or music in the past...I do not think that Bruce
would be any fan of RF and his antics but I also remember that he has a sense of political humor remembering the George Washington
Bridge Fort Lee,NJ traffic jam scandal which occurred one year ago this week: Jimmy Fallon and Bruce got together and did this song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHV0LLvhXM which is based on "Born to Run": "Governor Chris Christie Fort Lee New Jersey Traffic Jam"

LI MIKE

I didn't go to the parade, but this was the result of Rob Ford helping to approve the parade after it was cancelled.

Bw3vScTIUAA2cNq.jpg:large

Subway was closed from Lawrence to Bloor for track & signal work yesterday. I didn't go to the parade either, but another result of it was that the subway shuttle buses got royally snarled from north of Rosedale south to Bloor, as cops at New St. narrowed the southbound lanes to only one (for a time) before closing the lanes altogether. The packed bus I was on had to detour over to Avenue Road via New St. and Davenport, both totally snarled and creeping along, then had to crawl south on Avenue to Bloor where construction has totally ripped up the intersection. Driver was finally able to let us off at Museum. My trip from St. Clair station to Dundas Square took over an hour. (And those shuttle buses seem to be dredged up from really old rolling stock the TTC keeps on hand for such high-demand periods; there's no air conditioning.)

The "Ford in the USA" did get me thinking of the Bruce Springsteen middle 80s song and if he does not get into the US the title couldbe "Banned from the USA"...Remembering that Bruce Springsteen politically is no fan of the hard right - he has already asked some
political campaigns of Republican candidates not to use his "Born in the USA" lyrics or music in the past..."

Yes, Born in the USA is one of the top examples of a song tha is highly critical of the US being misunderstood by the same sort of people as read nothing beyond the headlines. A more recent example of this - and one which is delightfully apt for Rob - is the use of David Bowie's Fame in the TV ad for the 2015 Escalade. Even if those who came up with the ad get the irony, one assumes they were confident that potential buyers of Escalades will think that the song is in praise of fame rather than a bitter criticism.

Looks like someone was up to their late night calls again last night. Two posted to instagram last night.

This photo is hard to read, but it says Rob Ford on caller ID and 1:27AM or so on the phone. Unfortunately, it's since been removed from instagram so I can't post a clearer photo.
late night call 1.jpg

Then this clip, which was posted at 1:41 AM
http://iconosquare.com/p/804035137163715443_264211239

Working for the people, 24/7!

ETA: and another one - http://iconosquare.com/p/804282425621026402_28768780#/detail/804282425621026402_28768780
10684194_688592614560402_361080277_n.jpg

Attachments

• late night call 1.jpg
    late night call 1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 923
  • 10684194_688592614560402_361080277_n.jpg
    10684194_688592614560402_361080277_n.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 902
Last edited:
Yes, Born in the USA is one of the top examples of a song tha is highly critical of the US being misunderstood by the same sort of people as read nothing beyond the headlines. A more recent example of this - and one which is delightfully apt for Rob - is the use of David Bowie's Fame in the TV ad for the 2015 Escalade. Even if those who came up with the ad get the irony, one assumes they were confident that potential buyers of Escalades will think that the song is in praise of fame rather than a bitter criticism.

Born in The USA - John Candy - Canadian Bacon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXzFY72wbs

I have hoped for this after every single scandal and it never happens. In fact, a lot of them seem much more steadfast in their support for him now than ever. In January after the Steak Queen video came out, Hate the War on Ford even posted a whole thing about how if that sort of behaviour continued, it would be an impediment to continuing to support him. After months more of that behaviour, they now no longer even acknowledge it.

I think Doug's comment that people would support Ford even if he were booked for murder seems more and more relevant.

And, given all that--well, don't discount the possibility of them getting violent in the event that Ford loses: Neil Flagg dispatching a team of troublemakers who feel the election was "rigged", etc. *Their* escalating steadfastness practically foretells a powderkeg ready to explode...

"@am740 is Mike Filey going to ask Marilyn Bell about @TOMayorFord's fake claim that Doug Ford Sr. raced against her in 1854?"
https://twitter.com/RobFordFactsCA/status/508637111709622272

This should be interesting. The last time Dour Sr. was mentioned and a reporter called him out on it, Rob accused them of being disrespectful.

And, given all that--well, don't discount the possibility of them getting violent in the event that Ford loses: Neil Flagg dispatching a team of troublemakers who feel the election was "rigged", etc. *Their* escalating steadfastness practically foretells a powderkeg ready to explode...

This is why I think riot police should be ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back