423     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 245     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 423     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug has proven he's an idiot of epic proportions. Anyone that doesn't think all this really negative publicity won't have a cascading effect on the family business has their head in the sand.

Can hardly wait till the both are footnotes in Toronto politics and Rob is back to his usual and gets pulled over hammered carrying drugs, mark my words it'll happen.

Oh this is the best day of my Life EVER! Totally think Rob is a buffoon but Doug irritates me in a way no stranger ever has.

Josh Young ‏@_joshyoung 4m

I'd hate to be the person Doug Ford borrowed half of a heart from in order to give that apology #TOpoli

Doug is going to feel the burn for this for a long time regardless of the outcome. :D

Well, Rob showed up at work today. He just needed to shake off that hangover...

Rob Ford Must Go
‏@robfordmustgo
Rob Ford walks in with Jerry. Does not answer media questions. / jm #TOpoli

Last edited:
Has Robbity shown up for work yet or is he still sleeping it off, I mean in constituent meetings? Have only heard about douggie running his mouth off so far today..

Good question. Tin foil isn't normally part of my wardrobe, but I wonder if Doug called a hasty scrum to distract from the "where's Rob" question. This is just idle speculation, but Rob's stroll on King St. last night sure looked familiar. I wonder if Doug and his lawyers were working on a response to Blair's notice, and Doug short-turned the process so he could direct attention away from an obvious question. That said, I'm not convinced Rob was in his cups last night. He could have been, but surely Twitter or Instagram would have provided stronger evidence if he was getting wrecked, at least in public. Anyway, there's my idle fantasy for the day.

Apologizing/retracting doesn't make a defamatory statement go away. A sincere, prompt apology only mitigates the potential for damages if a statement is deemed to be defamatory. In Doug's case, I'd say his apology actually set him back. "It's my opinion. I have my reasons" isn't that far off repeating the original offending comments. It kind of negates the whole "I'm sorry. I retract my statement" line. He retracted it and then said he has reasons to believe his original comments were true. Jeez. Dude must like spending money on lawyers.

Which is EXACTLY what Rob did with Daniel Dale. Doug will take the opportunity to repeat the allegations 3 or 4 more time before finally reading out the lawyers statement.

Which is EXACTLY what Rob did with Daniel Dale. Doug will take the opportunity to repeat the allegations 3 or 4 more time before finally reading out the lawyers statement.

I say that Blair twist the knife a few more, having Dougie jump through at least one more hoop. Dougie's statement that his lawyers discovered no real resolution, and stating a year is interesting. Looks like Dougie's lawyers have told him it is a no win for him, and will cost a shit load of time and money, and probably hurt business for Deco.

Alcohol and drugs can have an effect on pupils that make them less reactive to a flash, allowing more light to reach the back the eye, which is very likely to cause red eye.

Please show me anyone who's eye can react faster than the speed of light. This is why some cameras do a blinky-blinding-flash before actually taking the picture. It's done to shrink your pupils before using the flash for the final photo.

The fact that all of them have it, makes things like camera angle and individual propensity less likely. The fact they are all in a dark bar makes drugs/alcohol more likely.

No. It means they were all looking at a camera with a flash situated close to the lens and their pupils were dilated because they were in a dark area.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 57s
Asked if it was tough to back down in feud with the chief, Doug said "I don't know I'd call it backing down. I'm just trying to move on"

He just doesn't learn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back