893     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 406     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 489     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that retracting a defamatory statement... and then saying "but there's always a reason why I make such statements"... means you're still in defamation territory? Like seriously WTF is he thinking?

Apologizing/retracting doesn't make a defamatory statement go away. A sincere, prompt apology only mitigates the potential for damages if a statement is deemed to be defamatory. In Doug's case, I'd say his apology actually set him back. "It's my opinion. I have my reasons" isn't that far off repeating the original offending comments. It kind of negates the whole "I'm sorry. I retract my statement" line. He retracted it and then said he has reasons to believe his original comments were true. Jeez. Dude must like spending money on lawyers.

Last edited:
Guess hotmail lawyer better get busy with that letter.

If I am Blair, I would require the apology to be delieved in the form of a pre-recorded message on an approved script personally voiced by Doug and aired of Newstalk1010 during their various segments. That, and carried on ethnic media in Scarborough and advertized on TTC vehicles. An apology that doesn't sting the apologizer isn't an apology at all.

AoD

Last edited:
If I am Blair, I would require the apology to be delieved in the form of a pre-recorded message personally voiced by Doug and aired of Newstalk1010 during their various segments. That, and carried on ethnic media in Scarborough and advertized on TTC vehicles.

Robocall to the entire City?

His "apology" was just as defamatory as what he said before. This will be fun!

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 5m
I asked Doug Ford if he's prepared to apologize again, and he said he has no comment.

Last edited:
the legal requirement was that the apology be in writing submitted for Blair's approval, as usual Dougie can't read. I am so looking forward to idiot face in court, will he improve on his brother's admission on the stand that after 10 years as a councilor he did NOT know what a conflict of interest was. The good thing is lawyers are busy and happy.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m
Doug Ford, returning to city hall, says "I'm done with this" when asked if he plans to apologize in a way satisfactory to the chief.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m
.@annhui & I tried to ask if he plans to reissue an apology. Ford: "I've got an idea, why don't you two ladies go get your ears checked?"

I need some popcorn!

Guess hotmail lawyer better get busy with that letter.

If I am Blair, I would require the apology to be delieved in the form of a pre-recorded message on an approved script personally voiced by Doug and aired of Newstalk1010 during their various segments. That, and carried on ethnic media in Scarborough and advertized on TTC vehicles. An apology that doesn't sting the apologizer isn't an apology at all.

AoD

And every roll call in every TPS division.

View attachment 31417

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back