83     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 164     2 
News   May 23, 2024
 677     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug was just interviewed live on CP24 (I caught only the tail end) and he AGAIN touted Mike's ability to get a pilot's license with the special water-landing certification as a proof of his fitness to be councillor. Is it just me, or do the walls really seem to be closing in on ford nation?

(In unrelated news, I'm swearing off checking in on CP24 from time to time, it's stopped being funny.)
Ya, CP24 is just awful. They kiss ass like no other channel.

Good grief CP24.

"CP24 is interviewing a nun in a habit who says she is a Ford supporter."
View attachment 30456

"What Ford Nation really likes about Ford is that he doesn’t appear to play by the political rules.” D Pilon YorkU prof

Mrs Stintz showed up.

"Ran into mayoral candidate Karen Stintz who has arrived at Ford Fest."
View attachment 30461

Last edited:
Are there any other Ford-supporting candidates out there like this douche?
https://twitter.com/art4ward8

This guy is just an opportunist hoping he hitched his campaign to the right wagon.

I thing I don't get about this guy is that he's all over Facebook calling his potential opponents pigs, drunken sailors, terrorists and psychopaths amongst other things. In a campaign, why wouldn't you put your good foot forward instead of your crazy foot?

Doug was just interviewed live on CP24 (I caught only the tail end) and he AGAIN touted Mike's ability to get a pilot's license with the special water-landing certification as a proof of his fitness to be councillor. Is it just me, or do the walls really seem to be closing in on ford nation?

To be fair, Mikey's pilot licence seems to be the only qualification of any sort held by any of the Ford family beyond a driver's licence. So in a way, it's quite an accomplishment, even it's not exactly of professional or academic status. And the float plane add-on would have taken him a whole weekend.

Rob Ford not going to censor himself at Ford Fest

“Every year I get up and speak. Every year I get up and say this is what I was elected to do and I’ve done it,” he told reporters at Thompson Memorial Park in Scarborough Friday.

“I can talk about subways, I can talk about filling potholes, I can talk about customer service, I’ve been doing that for 14 years, my dad did it.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/1474582/rob-ford-not-going-to-censor-himself-at-ford-fest/

Yeah his dad did it, but not on city property.

Rob Ford not going to censor himself at Ford Fest

“Every year I get up and speak. Every year I get up and say this is what I was elected to do and I’ve done it,†he told reporters at Thompson Memorial Park in Scarborough Friday.

“I can talk about subways, I can talk about filling potholes, I can talk about customer service, I’ve been doing that for 14 years, my dad did it.â€

It comes back to this, little Robbie is always in someone's shadow, if it's not his brother Doug, it's his dad. He's never his own man, except for that brief moment when the crack admission happened, and that was when Doug was away.

Good grief CP24.

"CP24 is interviewing a nun in a habit who says she is a Ford supporter."

CP24's parent organization (CTV) is very much geared to the older crowd (this has been confirmed by people I know in radio & television). Canada AM's set looks eerily similar to that of 100 Huntley Street. They are quite frankly out of touch with anyone younger than about 50 and are squarely aiming at the aging indifferent boomer crowd, and this includes their news division. That's why their primetime is almost all cop/mystery shows and stale sitcoms.

Possible to elaborate? My clicks are used up. Tks :)

Here is the full story:

TORONTO - Thousands are expected to turn up at Ford Fest Scarborough Friday night.

Mayor Rob Ford is hosting the annual event in Thomson Memorial Park starting at 5 p.m.

"I welcome everyone to Ford Fest tonight," Ford said Friday ahead of the event. "Some people want to make this political, that's fine, come out and enjoy yourselves - free food, free drinks, free rides like we've been doing since 1995.

"I invite everybody, everybody can come out and enjoy themselves."

Ford and Councillor Doug Ford have promised politics won't be on the menu at this free barbecue while other mayoral candidates have objected to the mayor being granted a city park permit for what they maintain is a campaign event.

Candidates aren't allowed to use city facilities, including parks, for campaign events.

City officials will be at the event to ensure the parks bylaw is obeyed during the event.

Tracey Cook, the city's executive director of municipal licensing and standards, said there will be two bylaw officers and a supervisor at the event along with parks staff.

Licensing staff will be making sure the conditions of the permit are being followed.

"One of the conditions in the permit speaks to no signage and also speaks to not handing out political or campaign materials - that's a condition of the permit," Cook said Friday.

Bylaw officers will be on the lookout for signs or materials with "electioneering" type of language like "vote for" or re-elect."

"If it simply says, Ford Nation, Ford Fest, (or it is a) business card or magnet that's considered informational and that is fine," Cook said.

A ticket for a violation of the park bylaws would be around $200, she said, but bylaw officers would typically start by just asking for the activity to cease.

But bylaw officers won't be policing what the Fords say or do at the event.

"If there is a problem with anything said by anyone at the event then they are to follow that up with the integrity commissioner," Cook said. "My bylaw enforcement officers are not the campaign police. We are there to ensure the parks bylaw is adhered to, the permit conditions are adhered to."

The mayor promised he will be delivering a speech Friday night.

"Every year I get up and speak, every year I say this is what I'm elected to do and I have done it," Ford said. "I can talk about subways, I can talk about filling potholes, I can talk about customer service.

"I guess, you know, I can't talk about the election, I can't talk about campaigning."

Ahead of the event, the Fords extended invites to their mayoral rivals but at least one of the two main mayoral candidates won't be there.

Olivia Chow's campaign itinerary says she'll be at the Festival of Beer, the Beaches International Jazz Festival and the Caribbean Carnival Festival Gala on Friday night.

The John Tory campaign didn't respond to a request for his Friday night schedule.

at noon on a weekday? why are we paying for him to campaign? if he wants to do promo work with his campaign team, he can do it evenings and weekends.

He was invited by one of the candidates running in the ward, as were Tory, Chow, Stintz and Soknacki, to "come out and listen to the people of Ward 36" per Masihullah Mohebzada's twitter: https://twitter.com/mmohebzada/with_replies (July 22/23). Only Ford showed up, the others sent their regrets (except possibly Chow - sounds like she may have confirmed but didn't show). So yeah, there was some camping going on, particularly by Mr. Mohebzada, but remember, yelling at potholes and construction debris is also how Robbie mayors. Plus - cameras! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRa-fBYkM4

As for his camping staff, unfortunately, I do not think they have any restrictions on when and where they are allowed to camp (except for Doug, of course who has a ward to look after :p and anyone else currently unknown to us who might have an actual job that requires their attention). Goodness knows, though they most definitely won't be camping at Thomson Park tonight, right? Right? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back