Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• tweet.jpg
    tweet.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 662
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 9m
City says Rob Ford can also hand out business cards & magnets at Ford Fest #TOpoli

So, they can campaign on city property...

Ford was live just on CP24's FordFest advertisement day. He claims he will be giving a speech, he will talk about his record, but he is not camping.

I guess that's all, folks. There is nothing anyone can do about an illegal camping event. I wonder if Tory or Chow will try something similar, or take the high road.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 9m
City says Rob Ford can also hand out business cards & magnets at Ford Fest #TOpoli

So, they can campaign on city property...

I guess if the words "Re-Elect Rob Ford For Mayor" aren't on them, it's not camping. I feel like this whole thing needs the Benny Hill Theme as a soundtrack.

I'm thinking of riding my bike from downtown to Ford Fest tonight just to see the spectacle, and for free burgers of course. Am I going to look out of place with my bike? I heard Ford supporters don't like bikes.
i'm going too, on my bike, from leaside

i don't think anyone will notice us, as it's a public park

don't wear your helmet when you line up for burgers

me personally i have plenty enough to eat at home

but i will be wearing my "Bike Riding PINKO" button

:)

i'm going too, on my bike, from leaside

i don't think anyone will notice us, as it's a public park

don't wear your helmet when you line up for burgers

me personally i have plenty enough to eat at home

but i will be wearing my "Bike Riding PINKO" button

:)

On the contrary, if it's Rob Ford handing out the burgers I think a helmet is highly advisable. And perhaps a face mask.

The city has also ruled that handing out $20s will be deemed acceptable. However, no kissing of babies allowed, under any circumstances...

reporterdonpeat 1:34pm via Twitter Web Client
City says "Ford Nation" or "Ford Fest" signs are permitted at Ford Fest tonight but nothing that says "vote for" or "re-elect".

As per Toronto Election 2014, I think you're mistaken: http://www.torontohousing.ca/Elections_candidates

However, if he's going back to the same place he was the other day (Cougar Court?) as he said he would, this is not TCHC housing, just apparently terrible private property management (kind of like Dixon, although IIRC, Dixon is actually condos).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg:D

at noon on a weekday? why are we paying for him to campaign? if he wants to do promo work with his campaign team, he can do it evenings and weekends.

I will be there, likely around six, to protest. I'm unaligned and still have to come up with a slogan for a sign. Thinking of "Fight Ford Foulness! Vote for Change!". or "Ford Out Now!" or "Stop Ford - Save Toronto!"

I'll probably be coming by TTC, an adventure in itself. Can't manage to carry a sign on my bike.

Ford was live just on CP24's FordFest advertisement day. He claims he will be giving a speech, he will talk about his record, but he is not camping.

I guess that's all, folks. There is nothing anyone can do about an illegal camping event. I wonder if Tory or Chow will try something similar, or take the high road.

Why is he talking about his record at a strictly Family Event?

Oh nevermind. You're right, I guess that's all, nothing we can do. Don't even bother questioning anything. Powerless once again against this monster.

I was cleaning out my bedroom end table a while back and this is what I found. I have no recollection of ever even meeting Ford when he was a councillor and I haven't lived in Toronto for over 13 years. Maybe we were both in a drunken stupor.

Whitby-20120630-00168.jpg

Attachments

• Whitby-20120630-00168.jpg
    Whitby-20120630-00168.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 787
Boystown? I've never heard it called that before. Looking online, I see it used in connection with Church and Wellesley, but it's not that common. You say Boystown to me, and I think of Chicago. I think potential confusion is why Church and Wellesley/The Gay Village are much more commonly used terms.

"The Village" or "The Rainbow Village" are more common (as someone who lives on its border).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back