398     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! My friend has been shooting and working on a great documentary about Rob Ford and has landed amazing interviews with Robyn Doolittle, Michael Donovan, John Cook, and many many more. He's had Rob Ford promise that he'd do a sit-down interview with him, but Rob being Rob, he's hard to get a hold of.

So my friend decided to do a funding campaign - if he can collect $10,000 in donations, 100% of the money will be donated to the Toronto Humane Society, should he be able to hook Rob Ford into doing the interview, since it would be for supporting a good cause (and as we all know, Rob likes to toot his horn so often about how he likes to give back). If he doesn't reach $10,000 or Rob doesn't agree to do the interview, all the money is refunded.

So he's setup a page here - I highly recommend checking it out - http://www.gofundme.com/9opsyw

I can't tell you some of the stories that he's told me, but I can tell you that he's encountered some really interesting scenarios with the players in the Ford saga, not just from the press, not just from city hall, but also from other "organized" areas, if you catch my drift.

I hope your friend is able to raise the money but why does the doc need an interview with Rob Ford in the first place? People want to hear the truth about Rob Ford--they don't want to hear from Rob Ford.

Besides, he's excruciatingly stupid, and can barely string a sentence together. And when he does string a sentence together, all he does is alternate between mindnumbing lies and subliterate soundbites.

Unless the film is meant to promote Rob Ford, which i am sure it isn't, i really don't see the point.

He's pretty much the last person i'd be interested in hearing from at this point, unless its an Errol Morris/Robert McNamara kind of situation. Or he's in the witness stand.

Nah. He just took of his sports bra.

Moobs/mantitties can be caused by large intakes of alcohol and marijuana, it's a condition known as Gynecomastia.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gynecomastia/basics/causes/con-20028710

Rofo2.jpg

Attachments

• Rofo2.jpg
    Rofo2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 949
That pool pic just looks so weird. His trunk/stomach is just too narrow and tight. The belly should be protruding out more (though maybe the face-on angle and poor quality of the shot make it hard to see). Even if the boobs do hang over sideways, the lower torso should still be rounder. And the armx look wrong: too thick below the elbows. And I know the sun highlights pale blond hairs that are otherwise invisible, but the arms look too hairy above the elbows.
Arms from Dec 2013
http://cp.tonightnewspaper.com/TopStory/chy121148842_hd.jpg
http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2013/12/rob-ford-workout-2.jpg

I hope your friend is able to raise the money but why does the doc need an interview with Rob Ford in the first place? People want to hear the truth about Rob Ford--they don't want to hear from Rob Ford.

Besides, he's excruciatingly stupid, and can barely string a sentence together. And when he does string a sentence together, all he does is alternate between mindnumbing lies and subliterate soundbites.

Unless the film is meant to promote Rob Ford, which i am sure it isn't, i really don't see the point.

He's pretty much the last person i'd be interested in hearing from at this point, unless its an Errol Morris/Robert McNamara kind of situation. Or he's in the witness stand.

He's got a bit of rapport with Rob and Doug. And both have said yes numerous times. He just needs a little extra nudge. Rob actually even called him up the morning that he (Rob) confessed to smoking crack, but unfortunately my friend wasn't in town. I'd like to think it was him hoping to clear the air through the interview with my friend...but sadly that couldn't happen then. My friend's mantra is to let Rob tell his side of the story. And now he's thinking with the rehab and what not, Rob might actually think something like this could help. My friend is walking a good balance at being fair. Which is what Rob and Doug have picked up on and why they don't shoo him away when he follows them about as they do things, unlike how he has his guards chase away the Star / CP24 / Global reporters (though I have to admit, Rob and Doug just pick and choose their targets, many of which are also being fair - but they seem to like him as he's acting on his own / not representing a company / paper / broadcaster). He's even been in their house and they know him by name.

They know he wants to ask serious questions that need to be asked and has said they'll do it. It's just a matter of nudging them hard enough to do so. And in this case, it's money that'd all be going to charity.

Last edited:
but then why not remove some man boob too?

Well, the Suns graphics guys are far from "professional" or "good" - I'm actually surprised this wasn't more botched.
The Sun article reads like Doug fed it, in its entirety, to Warmington. He probably supplied the pic and requested a few pounds be shaved off as well.
I'm sure this rehab stint is solely focussing on Robs weight (ignoring his deep and troubling issues). Doug and his family have some pretty warped body images/ideas.

After losing this election Rob will be discarded and discretely placed on the pile with Kathy. I find the difference with which this family has treated her and Rob during all of this very disturbing.

I'd agree.

Not a photoshop expert, but the Walmart pics shows a smooth flow from collarbone to gut, no moobs or the indent shown in the pool pic.

As a graphic designer, who excels at photomanipulation (odds are I've photoshopped something you've seen, and you didn't know it was manipulated) AND as a man of larger girth (though, I've dropped 40lbs since the beginning of March) I will unequivocally state:

THIS PHOTO IS NOT PHOTOSHOPPED (beyond colour adjustments and a really bad sharpening filter).

Rob's body looks like that because he's got broad, round shoulders and a barrel chest. He's straightened his back and sucked in his gut. That's all. He's not in a relaxed position where his stomach sticks out, and his underarms aren't hidden by ill-fitting suits and shirts. My body does similar things, but if I suck in my gut and project my chest, I have an impressively intimidating torso.

Stop the insanity. Not everything is a conspiracy to fool you. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

As a graphic designer, who excels at photomanipulation (odds are I've photoshopped something you've seen, and you didn't know it was manipulated) AND as a man of larger girth (though, I've dropped 40lbs since the beginning of March) I will unequivocally state:

THIS PHOTO IS NOT PHOTOSHOPPED (beyond colour adjustments and a really bad sharpening filter).

Rob's body looks like that because he's got broad, round shoulders and a barrel chest. He's straightened his back and sucked in his gut. That's all. He's not in a relaxed position where his stomach sticks out, and his underarms aren't hidden by ill-fitting suits and shirts. My body does similar things, but if I suck in my gut and project my chest, I have an impressively intimidating torso.

Stop the insanity. Not everything is a conspiracy to fool you. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
It's a slow day, we've got to discuss something.:p

It's a slow day, we've got to discuss something.:p
There's a new column in today's Sun with Ford complaining about the cost for Kelly and other councilors to attend the FCM in Niagara Falls.
This from the guy who is still taking a salary while on a 2 month spa retreat. It's incredible.

Official Ford campaign publicist Joe Warmington said:
TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford calls it a waste of taxpayers’ money.

Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly sees the $20,000 spent to send him and a group of councillors to the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) conference in Niagara Falls on the weekend as smart, big-picture spending.

One man is in charge of the purse strings and the executive right now. The other is away in Muskoka in rehab.

“Any expenditures involved in the FCM in my eyes are investments,” Kelly told the Sun’s Don Peat. “There are two basic approaches to the City of Toronto — one is to think of it in very small, narrow terms and the other is to understand that we have, over the last few decades, become not only Canada’s premier city but a world-class city.”

However, from rehab on Sunday, Ford said the translation of that kind of language is nothing more than an excuse to have a weekend away on the taxpayers. He called politicians going to a first-class conference nothing but gravy train politics.

“That would not have happened if I was around,” Ford said in the same interview in which we talked about his pending return to the political scene July 1. “I don’t think it is necessary spending.”

He sees it as a day trip and a couple of tanks of gas where you pay for your own lunch and coffee.

“I couldn’t believe it,” an agitated Ford said over the phone of the cost.

But sure if you want, continue analyzing a photo and imagining all kinds of nonsensical conspiracies about it.

There's a new column in today's Sun with Ford complaining about the cost for Kelly and other councilors to attend the FCM in Niagara Falls.
This from the guy who is still taking a salary while on a 2 month spa retreat. It's incredible.

But sure if you want, continue analyzing a photo and imagining all kinds of nonsensical conspiracies about it.

Does anyone here know if part of the cost to attend is a conference fee, and if so how much that expense is?

It's worth noting that in the Sun piece's attached poll, 73% of respondents stated that they don't expect any "real change" in Rob Ford post-rehab. And it's a Sun poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back