776     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 495     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new column in today's Sun with Ford complaining about the cost for Kelly and other councilors to attend the FCM in Niagara Falls.
This from the guy who is still taking a salary while on a 2 month spa retreat. It's incredible.

But sure if you want, continue analyzing a photo and imagining all kinds of nonsensical conspiracies about it.

That's at least the third article slamming the trip in the last week in that paper. Yawn. RoFo clearly sees no benefit in collaboration (ever, with anyone) and hasn't gone to any of the FCM conferences, and only just that one meeting in Ottawa (that he took half the day off for lunch and an attempted tour of the new stadium for the RedBlacks).

One of the earlier articles was Doug on about it (because the opinion of a one term part-time Councillor is relevant.) Anyway it's less than $21k. RoFo's Muskoka spahab paid vacation is costing $29.5k, RoFo's parting shot $5k raises for his 20 staff cost how much Douggie?

Hmm, we're constantly shedding more and more pages. If this is a forum bug, it's making short work of the thread... Pretty soon we'll be back on page 1!

Does anyone know how many people other cities took to Niagara? It looks like $7,000 was spent on registration fees so the rest was spent on what, lodging? $20,000 for 9 people doesn't seem excessive to me.

So much concern for the taxpayer. Maybe we need to demand financial restitution from the mayor for sucking up a hefty salary during the last year(s) of "dubious" public service work.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many people other cities took to Niagara? It looks like $7,000 was spent on registration fees so the rest was spent on what, lodging? $20,000 for 9 people doesn't seem excessive to me.

The fact that anyone is trying to debunk his claim of excess is what gets me angry and frustrated. We spend so much time arguing with a madman that our once world class city is tanking.
Maybe it's the rain. Boo.

The fact that anyone is trying to debunk his claim of excess is what gets me angry and frustrated. We spend so much time arguing with a madman that our once world class city is tanking.
Maybe it's the rain. Boo.

I don't know, I think it's important to continue to call the Bros. Fo on their bullshit. ALL their bullshit. As relentlessly as they shovel it, we need to shovel it back to keep the city from tanking further. The media seem to have given up, or never even started trying *with a very few exceptions, you know who you are*

I don't know, I think it's important to continue to call the Bros. Fo on their bullshit. ALL their bullshit. As relentlessly as they shovel it, we need to shovel it back to keep the city from tanking further. The media seem to have given up, or never even started trying *with a very few exceptions, you know who you are*

I've long thought that the TO media is the second biggest reason that FoFam is running the show.
Not reporting "open secrets" like RoFo being drunk all the time, not reporting all the criminal connections that the FoFam have and writing verbatim FoFam's lies and damned lies over and over. All it would have took was undeferential reporting of the repugnant FoFam.
But no. Take a bow, TO Media.

You stopped quoting Warmington's article way too soon, because that is where he hid the meat.

The problem for this cat is he is down to his last political life. In fact, he has used up eight of his nine cat lives.

And he knows it.

“I won’t let people down,” he told me.

Doug Ford said on CITY-TV Monday night “I will agree” that one more slip-up for the mayor and his comeback attempts will be futile. His brother also told me at Mayor Ford’s birthday party last week that if there is another circus show, “I am done.”

So it’s kind of obvious for Mayor Ford.

If he makes it through rehab with no more drama and stays out of trouble until Oct. 27, he will be a voice in the campaign.

If he doesn’t, he really will have run out of runway, with a possible run for his old Ward 2 seat left as his only option.

But for now he is still very much in the mayor’s race and that is where he has his eye. There are still people prepared to support him and polls indicate he is one of the big three in this campaign.

It’s really up to Ford — and if he likes being mayor as much as he likes to party.

We will find out.

The past has shown him to be a bit of a time bomb who can be doing well one day and then caught in a crazy video ranting and making horrible remarks the next.

This is nothing less that Doug managing the expectations of Ford Nation and setting the stage for the Plan B we've been talking about here.

I've long thought that the TO media is the second biggest reason that FoFam is running the show.
Not reporting "open secrets" like RoFo being drunk all the time, not reporting all the criminal connections that the FoFam have and writing verbatim FoFam's lies and damned lies over and over. All it would have took was undeferential reporting of the repugnant FoFam.
But no. Take a bow, TO Media.

And to think Thug criticizes the media for being harsh! If this happened in the UK the media would have spilled everything right from the start and would call them out on their lies every time. Instead we have CP24 and others acting as if they are the official Ford media outlet, like Pravda or something, repeating every lie that belches out of them and not questioning anything.

You stopped quoting Warmington's article way too soon, because that is where he hid the meat.

This is nothing less that Doug managing the expectations of Ford Nation and setting the stage for the Plan B we've been talking about here.

Wow, so Plan B is really on the table now! (Well, no mention of Doug's mayoral run switcheroo, one thing at a time, folks)

Brazen indeed. So I guess by Ford logic: "I'm officially too messed up to be mayor or even run for mayor, but I should be good for a lowly council seat"? Says quite a lot about their attitude toward "public service" and I certainly hope Ward 2 voters pick up on the disrespect.

Looks to me like the Sun image was photoshopped. Especially the right side of Ford's swimsuit, seems like it's missing part of his body.

I think the swimming trunks are just billowing a little bit in the water due to being baggy and/or a bit of air trapped in there.

As a graphic designer, who excels at photomanipulation (odds are I've photoshopped something you've seen, and you didn't know it was manipulated) AND as a man of larger girth (though, I've dropped 40lbs since the beginning of March) I will unequivocally state:

THIS PHOTO IS NOT PHOTOSHOPPED (beyond colour adjustments and a really bad sharpening filter).

Rob's body looks like that because he's got broad, round shoulders and a barrel chest. He's straightened his back and sucked in his gut. That's all. He's not in a relaxed position where his stomach sticks out, and his underarms aren't hidden by ill-fitting suits and shirts. My body does similar things, but if I suck in my gut and project my chest, I have an impressively intimidating torso.

Stop the insanity. Not everything is a conspiracy to fool you. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

OMG I totally missed the cigar!!! can you point it out to me? Are you sure it's not a crack pipe? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back