75     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 158     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 374     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great! Could you or members of your association tutor others on how to be so effective? Although our own has been reasonably *heard*, "listened to with genuine political heft" is another matter. So your experience(s) would be invaluable.

Sorry, can't help you there hyper.

Like I said, they deal with the politicians so we don't have to.

This is their website if you need more information:
http://www.bwvra.ca/

"(There are) no homeless in North York."

"Spoken during his 1997 bid to become mayor of Toronto, a day before a homeless woman was found dead at a North York gas station."
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2009/07/10/five_controversial_quotes_from_mayor_mel_lastman.html

And, y'know what: I witnessed the Richview Collegiate debate where Mel was needled about the homeless--and incidentally, going into the auditorium was where I first encountered Rob Ford, handing out flyers for his first Council bid. (My impression was that he was friendly and personable--notwithstanding that he was the son of MPP Doug Sr which, in the end, didn't bode well.)

And, y'know what: I witnessed the Richview Collegiate debate where Mel was needled about the homeless--and incidentally, going into the auditorium was where I first encountered Rob Ford, handing out flyers for his first Council bid. (My impression was that he was friendly and personable--notwithstanding that he was the son of MPP Doug Sr which, in the end, didn't bode well.)

I met Rob briefly at the Etobicoke Civic Centre when he was a councillor. I was at work, but he took the time to say hello and was friendly.

BTW put Lorne Honickman as another weasily lawyer (much like LeDrew) who has no idea what they are doing when interviewing somebody, as Honickman was filling in for another Ford buttkisser Oakley on 640. Not sure if they are horrible people or just really bad at interviewing.

the two on radio are barely-disguised ideologues, but oakley is a polished and wily ol' vet. honickman is a hack and an occasional fill-in. still can't figure out ledrew for the life of me.

Last edited:
Kind of wishing I found this picture when the Bruno McSmackdown story came out.

rob-ford-mayor-mccheese.jpg

Attachments

• rob-ford-mayor-mccheese.jpg
    rob-ford-mayor-mccheese.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 877
I was on the phone today to a Big Hollywood Producer and we were talking about the RoFo story, which has provided me with much material over the last few months (I'm a screenwriter) and he said "Well, if you're going to do the Rob Ford story, you should do it as a musical. I'm serious."

And he was. And I THINK HE MIGHT BE RIGHT.

There are more people pitching Rob Ford film ideas than you can shake a stick at. It's a very crowded area. The person who finally makes the real film about this story--as opposed to the straight to VOD version of Crazy Town that is coming, or the couple of self-financed docs kicking around--is going to have serious money and backing, and is looking at least two years of development before getting a green light. Hopefully the end result will be worthy of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back