636     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 348     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 459     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW put Lorne Honickman as another weasily lawyer (much like LeDrew) who has no idea what they are doing when interviewing somebody, as Honickman was filling in for another Ford buttkisser Oakley on 640. Not sure if they are horrible people or just really bad at interviewing.

I also not a big fan of "integrity commissioner" when concerning the Fords and is human right cases part of real civil/criminal court or are we talking about "some apology thing". The Ford's have no integrity, they would give some BS apology and then act like nothing happen.

I wish they could sue them for real, like a slander case or abuse of power or something like that. The only time that it seemed the Ford's were truly worried was when Dale push for the slander case against Ford (which a lawyer friend told me it was a sure win for Dale) and I think even then Dale allowed Ford off the hook.

I don't think he let Ford off the hook, he said many times he didn't want to deal with a long, drawn out lawsuit.

I wish someone WOULD sue one or both Fords but honestly, I don't think anything freaks these two out like it would if it was anyone else. If I were being sued I'd be thinking about it and worrying constantly but nothing seems to get to these two because they are so sure they are above everything and everyone.

Edited to add:

Here is DD's upcoming chat. You can ask questions from now, so I think it would be a good idea to ask about this rap sheet. Maybe he will pursue it.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/05/20/send_us_your_questions_daniel_dale_to_livechat_on_may_22.html

Last edited:
So basically, Doug is lying his ass off (again) or he's breaking the law? TPS REALLY needs to say/do something here.

RUB and TUG never break the law (background noise of shredder running), "If we've broken the law then come charge us, this Urban Toronto Forum has become the most political forum I've ever seen....and I saw Harper's agenda, including Austwitz, just north of Moosenee to deal with those kids on Jeffcoat!" says Tug Ford.

A haze of smoke wafts through Tug's office, a bong still glowing orange rests in his lap, shredded youth records hovering over the edges of the bowl, a big exhale and Tug says, "these vegetable inks remind me of some crappy red Leb I smoked in 84".

Last edited:
do you think this could be peter payman's brother?

phpXN8SKw.jpg

http://thedirty.com/2012/12/low-life-of-toronto/

now pejman meshtag instead of pejman aboodowleh?

Attachments

• phpXN8SKw.jpg
    phpXN8SKw.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 894
Doug Ford, "...they have youth in there that have violent tendencies....I have a 2 and a half page rap sheet from the police ....."

Full interview is up on cp24.com

This, if true, would be very disturbing. If it's true, people need to be hung by the bollocks to show we won't stand for that sort of corruption.
If, however, Douglas is just talking ish as he is wont to do, then he alone should take the hanging by the bollocks.

Seriously. Can I phone up my local detachment and ask for "rap sheets" on local kids? What a joke. I actually thought Doug might be smarter than Rob. They're both equally dense.

E: This is a very interesting Toronto Star article about people finding out about having criminal backgrounds even though that
they have not been convicted of a crime...

I will add that in New York State an arrest is recorded and you would reply if questioned "Have you ever been arrested?" "Yes"
would be the reply..."Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" would be the more likely question and if not "No" would be the
reply...I have heard about similar problems concerning border crossings and job applicants getting background checks...

LI MIKE

E: This is a very interesting Toronto Star article about people finding out about having criminal backgrounds even though that
they have not been convicted of a crime...

I will add that in New York State an arrest is recorded and you would reply if questioned "Have you ever been arrested?" "Yes"
would be the reply..."Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" would be the more likely question and if not "No" would be the
reply...I have heard about similar problems concerning border crossings and job applicants getting background checks...

LI MIKE

I have been convicted for some minor crimes, unfortunately, yet I passed all background checks here in Canada with flying colours ... even got security clearance. That's right guys, I had access to information about Canadian designed satellites and various DRDC projects. Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about that :p

That being said, the issue of this information being available to pretty much anyone who wants it is quite ... surprising. It's not something you would expect here. But it seems perfectly reasonable that DoFo could ring up any background check company and get that data... Since it seems it happens often enough anyway. It does seem that it requires consent on the party being checked, but, who gives that consent when they are... uh... wards of the institution?

The culture in the US regarding criminal history is really weird. I mean the whole culture is really weird. Everyone thinks it's OK to even drug-test low-level employees? Or information workers? Here that's illegal, you have to prove the job is dangerous to do that. I work in software, it'd be hilarious if anyone tried to drug test the guys where I work ... we'd all fail. So so so badly.

Last edited:
I have been convicted for some minor crimes, unfortunately, yet I passed all background checks here in Canada with flying colours ... even got security clearance. That's right guys, I had access to information about Canadian designed satellites and various DRDC projects. Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about that :p

That being said, the issue of this information being available to pretty much anyone who wants it is quite ... surprising. It's not something you would expect here. But it seems perfectly reasonable that DoFo could ring up any background check company and get that data... Since it seems it happens often enough anyway. It does seem that it requires consent on the party being checked, but, who gives that consent when they are... uh... wards of the institution?

The culture in the US regarding criminal history is really weird. I mean the whole culture is really weird. Everyone thinks it's OK to even drug-test low-level employees? Or information workers? Here that's illegal, you have to prove the job is dangerous to do that. I work in software, it'd be hilarious if anyone tried to drug test the guys where I work ... we'd all fail. So so so badly.

Not for minors!!! You can not access a minor's police record unless you are the appropriate authority. And the Star story mostly referenced people who signed something that have those people authority to check their records.
Also, when I have had to get a police check for a job, I had to sign consent and it took at least a week to get it back.

Also, when I have had to get a police check for a job, I had to sign consent and it took at least a week to get it back.

When I did, it went though a third party and came back within 24 hours... :/ But I did have to consent.

But minors, yes, fair point. How WOULD he get his hands on those? The 3 kids there are barely teens, from what we've read.

Not for minors!!! You can not access a minor's police record unless you are the appropriate authority. And the Star story mostly referenced people who signed something that have those people authority to check their records.
IIRC the people in the Star article were requesting a Vulnerable Sector Check, which is more detailed than a regular police check. If you work with children, the elderly or anyone considered at risk, your employer needs to request a Vulnerable Sector and those can take up to 6 months to receive. So not only are they disclosing information that shouldn't be included, they also take forever to get. The TDSB was actually considering asking all volunteers to have a Vulnerable Sector done, even if it was a 1 day trip to the pumpkin patch. Luckily, they rethought that idea, and aren't requesting them for parent volunteers.

Just thought I would put this out there, in case anyone is interested:

TORONTO RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATIONS & NEIGHBOURHOOD GROUPS MAP ( sorry for the caps, it's a copy / paste )
http://davidtopping.tumblr.com/torontoresidents

I was surprised to see that there are large areas of the city that do not have one.

We have found ours to be quite effective in dealing with elected members from all levels of government.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back