743     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K., I'll do this, if no one else has started to, while vetting it's form here.
I'm at change.org and directing the petition at City Council....
Rename Douglas Ford Park in Etobicoke to Griffin Park...

Why is this important?...To demonstrate the inclusive and supportive nature of Toronto.
Add photo or video...

I am kind of thinking this wouldn't work, because I don't think the City would agree to name a park for ONE organization that helps people with autism over all the others. Naming it after an individual (with autism) would be more likely.

Although there is a small section of Seton Park named Lung Cancer Park in collaboration with Lung Cancer Canada.
http://www.lungcancercanada.ca/the-grove.aspx
but perhaps because it's not a 'whole park' and there isn't any 'competing' organizations, it's okay. In any case I'm sure it's rare.

Having said that I'm sure an individual will emerge at some point in this RoFo mess who we can suggest naming the park after.
(MetroMan Park?? :p *ducks to avoid thing that euler and others are throwing at her*)

I was on the phone today to a Big Hollywood Producer and we were talking about the RoFo story, which has provided me with much material over the last few months (I'm a screenwriter) and he said "Well, if you're going to do the Rob Ford story, you should do it as a musical. I'm serious."

And he was. And I THINK HE MIGHT BE RIGHT.

I know we're all having fun with this, but... really?

I don't want Rob Ford and Doug Ford depicted as funny, lovable singing-and-dancing bad guys, with tunes we can tap our feet to and slapstick pratfalls. Will Renata do pirouettes every time she gets smacked? Think about it. What these guys have done... it's not funny.

Believe it or not, most of the world still doesn't know the details about the Fords. They just know the mayor likes to smoke crack and party, and says funny and crude things when he's wasted. People need to know how horrible they are. I want them depicted as the sick, criminal bastards they truly are. Only after that's well established can we make fun of it (for the record, I enjoyed The Producers and thought "Springtime For Hitler" was riotously funny. But that's only because we know it's black comedy. The subject matter needs to be established as serious/horrible/not funny before you can then give it the black humour treatment.)

An interesting study on trying to change beliefs and perceptions (I've usurped it to try to make sense of the Fraud Nayshun mindset.) Maybe a political strategist can figure out how to blow out the cobwebs from the stubborn minds of the "fact-free zone" zombies surrounding the 'Brothers Dim' (loved that one!) and their blind followers. Personally, my frustration level spikes each time I hear or read the truly ignorant comments put forth in defence of Blubboon and his enabling, lying, bullying DumDougMillionaire brother. (Read Toronto Sun comments, if you have the intestinal fortitude). Ford Nation is mired in their entrenched believes and it will have to be a truly catastrophic fuck-up on their heroes' or idols' parts to even consider a lowering of their lemur-like thought processes. The sex tape, much gossiped about, could upset the equilibrium of some followers with daughters, or others of higher moral beliefs (doubt this will do it unless, as said before, there's a live boy or a dead girl somehow involved).
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...ing-things-that-just-arent-true.html?mobify=0

Parkdale Petunia
for-no-apparent-8abeen.jpg

Attachments

• for-no-apparent-8abeen.jpg
    for-no-apparent-8abeen.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 909
I am kind of thinking this wouldn't work, because I don't think the City would agree to name a park for ONE organization that helps people with autism over all the others.

I suspect you're right. Personally, I'd name it after Anthony Smith, but guess that's an even more improbable goal.
But, hey, it cost me a few minutes, and made me feel like I was being provocative, on behalf of the fine posters that suggested the idea.

Last edited:

Haha, that is awesome. The old pic and the newish words fit so well together! (Not sure about the cold, dead hand holding the fries, though.)

The amazing thing about the pic is the emotion on the face of the Hamburglar. It's like the McD's team foresaw the shit-rain to come, and designed a new Hamburglar head to convey sorrow and embarrassment. Plus, the stupid necktie--it's such a weirdly clairvoyant accessory.

Ha! Upgrades will cost you an "Executive" no-zombie-hands subscription.

Oh, yeah, here's ROFOMOFO's suggestion for Underwear Fight Club

Just gross us all out with chilly purple hands a few more times and somebody will pay up, no doubt ...

That whole Underwear FC thing was fantastic, but this poetry, in isolation ...

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 11.02.04 PM.jpg

... is just so so striking. I'm dimly aware that there's already a "Little [some colour] Book of Rob Ford" in print from years ago, but I think a new "Little Book of Rob Ford's Obscene and Horrible Threats" would be a big, big seller.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 11.02.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 11.02.04 PM.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 888
Last edited:
There are more people pitching Rob Ford film ideas than you can shake a stick at. It's a very crowded area. The person who finally makes the real film about this story--as opposed to the straight to VOD version of Crazy Town that is coming, or the couple of self-financed docs kicking around--is going to have serious money and backing, and is looking at least two years of development before getting a green light. Hopefully the end result will be worthy of the story.

agreed. i don't think the story would be properly covered unless someone like scorsese or tarantino did it.

don't think i saw this posted yet...

Councillor Doug Ford takes shot at mayoral candidate John Tory

Ford — Mayor Rob Ford’s brother and campaign manager — on Tuesday called Tory an “opportunist” for attacking him.

“For him to come out and make those statements is repulsive,” Ford said. “This guy has never been in Etobicoke North in his life.

“I’d love to see what he would say if we put one of these homes bang beside his old place in Rosedale ... and see what all his elitist friends would say.”

Tory spokesman Amanda Galbraith countered that Ford has consistently demonstrated poor judgement.

“We can now add how to care for children with autism and other disabilities to that list,” Galbraith said Tuesday. “Saying it’s repulsive to defend the rights of children with autism to live as a part of our community is appalling.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/20/councillor-doug-ford-takes-shot-at-mayoral-candidate-john-tory

Ford nation says the fix was in over a Burnaby jaywalking ticket

With all respect to monetizing our sufferings, this thread still owns the story
(Not in any legal interpretation of "owns"). P.S. Thanks, evvabeing, for being on a fine roll. Try donotlink.com
Chowders, thread.

Last edited:
what am i missing? why is this out now?

Ford nation says the fix was in over a Burnaby jaywalking ticket

http://www.cknw.com/2014/05/20/ford-nation-says-the-fix-was-in-over-a-burnaby-jaywalking-ticket/

you're not missing anything. The writer is missing a proper subject & verb in the opening sentence, though. :rolleyes:

When Port Mann RCMP gave the Mayor of Toronto a jaywalking ticket nearly four months ago at Lougheed and North Road when Rob Ford was in town for a funeral.

probably some pathetic attempt at drawing page clicks now that everyone and their dog is searching for news on Rob Ford. "Ford Nation says... " ?? -- more like "Doug Ford says" or maybe just "this writer says". In other words: steaming pile of horsesh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back