281     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 811     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 637     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's some rehab folks, 2 weeks and he's allowed to go to the family cottage for the long weekend. Doesn't sound like any rehab I've ever heard of, but I'm not perfect.

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 1m
I asked Doug Ford if Rob Ford is out of rehab and doing out patient treatment. His reply: NO. #TOpoli

Doug also said that he didn't know if robbie was in Bracebridge because he couldn't get a hold of him.

Couple questions/comments:

1) Did anybody else read the twitter fight between DoctorB and Mark Towhey? The latter's response is usually sarcastically droll but today he was pissed. I just couldn't figure out what DoctorB's point was - did Towhey (or did he not) call upon Ford's assistant to notify police for drunk driving? Colour me clueless.
2) WTF has happened to John Furr. He has become very angry, very "lash-outy" (because that's a word), and kind of anti-anti-Ford. And he's running for Trustee, which would be a good time to present a safe public front, and not this current persona, IMhO.
3) The Ford-Heroin thing has legs for sure. Did you hear how Mammo stalled and hemmed and hawed about specific drugs when he was telling the story about the guy who wanted $5k to give proof of the mayor doing serious drugs? Blundell had to say "Was it crack?" And then, finally, "was it heroin?" Before Mammo answered yes. Well, the crack usage is old news, so that leaves only one option: Our mayor is on the hezza.

1) I only saw where someone retweeted The Doctorb mentioning that Towhey had unfollowed him, so I went back and read it. My guess is that The Doctorb is trying to prove that Towhey was somehow complicit in letting Ford do his crack-addled thing; seems to have struck a nerve with Towhey, either because it's true or because it offends his residual sense of loyalty to Ford?

2) I have no idea either. I'm pretty close to unfollowing him now that he's picking fights with everyone about everything. His interest in playing devil's advocate for Ford and calling for respect for him seems weird and oddly timed. Plus his arguments are getting pretty solipsistic: his defence of smoking the other day was self-serving and a classic example of cognitive dissonance of the 'it's not as bad as ... ' variety.

3) Mammo either thinks it's the right time to turn on Ford for good, but whether it involves spilling true secrets or making stuff up to really get back at him is not clear. And why now? Is he considering ... *shudder* ... running for mayor himself?

I asked Doug Ford if Rob Ford is out of rehab and doing out patient treatment. His reply: NO. #TOpoli

Doug also said that he didn't know if robbie was in Bracebridge because he couldn't get a hold of him.

Brilliant logic. I can't get in touch with him, but I know for a fact that he isn't out of rehab.

Doug Ford is dangerously stupid.

1) I only saw where someone retweeted The Doctorb mentioning that Towhey had unfollowed him, so I went back and read it. My guess is that The Doctorb is trying to prove that Towhey was somehow complicit in letting Ford do his crack-addled thing; seems to have struck a nerve with Towhey, either because it's true or because it offends his residual sense of loyalty to Ford?

Ian MacIntyre has been making a habit out of tossing blame at Towhey for letting Ford's alcoholism and drunk driving slide while in office. Towhey never responds.

Doug, call Conan. He's got video of Rob's great escape.

Well that's a good sign ...

Wasn't his escalade in his drive way as of earlier this week? So at some point he came home to get it, or someone drove it up to him. Either way, he's not at his rehab, and his at his cottage for the Vday weekend..... yup, that's some commitment right there.

But Doug did - unintentionally - confirm that the (alleged) Rehab was near enough to Bracebridge that Rob could be there. Can anyone who has insider information (Jimmi?) about the location answer whether this matches the story you have? Both in terms of location and the fact that they would let him out for the long weekend?

Now Doug is claiming that Robbie is allowed to leave rehab unsupervised.

Weird, I recall Doug saying "100 percent guaranteed 24/7 supervision."

0QVaQy3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back