178     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 440     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow's the anniversary of the alleged mystery calls to David Price. The guy had no accent and sounded like a supporter. How about Tim Lambrinos since it sounds like he had some connection to those guys (even though cops found nothing a his house)?

I spent close to a decade as a high-level executive assistant in the Canadian banking system. Trust me, I had a boss who called me into their office if they accidentally closed their email window. They had no idea how to restart it without assistance. This same boss would get several hundred emails a day, of which I passed on the 12 or so important ones as a printout, and would respond to the email by transcribing the written notes. Executives do get to choose not to be "into" computers it they so desire. Scary I know.

Yes, I've encountered this as well, although not recently. There are still a fair number of execs who consider themselves too important to sit down and type anything independently or who never really learned to do anything that they would otherwise pass off to an EA. And there is also an older cohort of EAs who don't understand basic formatting, but they're very much a dwindling group.

In terms of RoFo, he may have checked his e-mail occasionally but he probably got someone else to do it, hence the many form responses. Looking at things online probably involved too much in-depth reading for his liking, as well as the risk of becoming informed about stuff.

4C0X9UH.jpg

This thread needs more cats.

I knew someone was missing, Elena Basso and feline. Terrific!

Mel's 2nd family - he hid them for decades, so he has to know something about dissembling.

Say what you will about Mel and his sad, tacky private life, he at least copped to it when it came to light. There was no hiding from the media, no 'right questions' and no 'I cannot comment on offspring that I have not seen or do not exist'.

Say what you will about Mel and his sad, tacky private life, he at least copped to it when it came to light. There was no hiding from the media, no 'right questions' and no 'I cannot comment on offspring that I have not seen or do not exist'.

Do you remember how horrified everyone was when Mel's story broke? As if a mayor of Toronto could behave so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back