News   Jul 17, 2024
 557     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 949     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 20m

#BREAKING: Rob Ford in Gravenhurst just over a half hour ago..picture and interview coming up LIVE on @CP24 #TOpoli

I first read this to mean that CP24 managed to interview Ford himself, but I suppose it probably means they're interviewing the Ford-spotters.

Darn. Wouldn't you know it. Just arrived in NYC (after hours sitting on runway in TO and then circling over the Hudson due to wildcat strike action at LGA) I'm not going to be able to monitor fast-moving UT regularly for the next few days. Please save some of the juicy bits for me!

So this rehab lets someone check themselves out for long enough to drive 40 minutes away to go to a bank and a dry cleaners? Why would he need to do either if he's in inpatient rehab? Odds are he has people who are prepared to handle is banking needs while he's away, and if the rehab is as swanky as has been implied, they probably have the ability to send his (black, ahem tim hortons story) suit to dry cleaners (because for some reason he didn't bring any other clothes?).

I smell something fishy.

So, Ford has now been reduced to making fake 'constituent visits' and taking selfies at strip-mall drycleaning shops in small rural towns, gladhanding his way to memories of when he was really somebody - best mayor ever and a big wheel down at the label factory?

This is reading less like The Wire and more like something by Tennessee Williams.

0QVaQy3.jpg

Fabulous!

Wtg whoever started this & those who've added to it.

Some noting that rehab isn't prison. All of this could have been sorted had Ford released a specific statement on the nature of his recovery. He's not some private celebrity. He's the mayor. Anyway...

Gotcha:

@stephaniesmyth: #BREAKING: Doug Ford tells me he has no IDEA where Rob is...but insists he has NOT left the rehab facility #TOpoli

sounds legit:

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 1m
Doug Ford and Denis Morris INSIST Rob Ford IS STILL in rehab...still won't say WHERE #TOpoli

Apparently it's one of those $100 000 rehab places, where you have to drive your own shirts to the drycleaners.

Last edited:
sounds legit:

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 1m
Doug Ford and Denis Morris INSIST Rob Ford IS STILL in rehab...still won't say WHERE #TOpoli

Especially when preceded by this:

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 59m

I just asked Doug Ford if Rob Ford was in Bracebridge - his answer to me: "I can't reach him not sure"...#TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back