Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-rob-ford-isnt-done-yet/
A decent summary of things thus far.
But the premise is not proven.
The title is Why Rob Ford isn’t done yet
But the last paragraph contains:
What is clear is that the Ford centre cannot hold. Yes, the tabloid spectacle of his dissolution and instant resurrection might draw eyes, but that’s hardly the basis of a winning campaign. The mayor’s stalwart “defender of the little guy†branding has taken a blow. Should there be yet another Rob Ford meltdown, it’s likely the audience would at long last avert its gaze.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Rob Ford has broken out of rehab!!!

(I question the video evidence though. I mean, Rob Ford on a bike?)

Hey, it wouldn't be the first time ...

0615fordbike.jpg

Attachments

• 0615fordbike.jpg
    0615fordbike.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,098
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1h

"Good luck Adam & good riddance" Doug Ford's response to Adam Vaughan's comments #TOpoli

edit:
DoFo's remarks are in response to this: Adam Vaughan takes parting shot at Mayor Rob Ford.
As he left, Vaughan said he had no regrets about publicly challenging Ford’s administration for most of the council term.

“In the last term of council he overshadowed everything we did as a council … Did I stand in front of that train first and fastest? Maybe, I’m proud to have done that,” Vaughan told reporters just before resigning.

“(Ford) was a terrible mayor, the worst mayor this city has ever had.

“The only good thing about today is as I leave, he’s not around to talk about it. And you know what? That’s good.”

Last edited:
I think Hudak - and a certain extent Harper - are heavily wishing the Ford family would just go away. Hudak has to be feeling the knives coming out and could you imagine what a mockery a Ford would make running for Federal office - especially if Harper had to baby sit one of them???

Also realistically, Harper and Hudak can feel confident the Ford phenomenon is all over but the shouting, and mostly media-driven at this point. I think keeping the video under wraps until after the election is more about not giving an assload of ammunition to the wrong people, when the damage of releasing it beforehand has largely already been done by other means.

I do think stories that come out on the weekend paper is normally the worst time to get the buzz out but it's understandable because the weekend papers are more expensive so if the newspaper wants a day in the week to sell most papers it will be the weekend. I didn't watch much news this weekend so not sure how much coverage it got. But for Monday G&M story, I am a normal watcher of Global news at 11pm and there nothing about it (they are normally pretty good on Ford stuff) but last night Mayor corruption nothing, but the hoader story was front an centre.

It seems like in general that the TV news doesn't report the negative Ford news as much as they should.

Toolaram seems more like a Ford celebrity bodyguard than CH security. Putting his hand, blocking cameras. That is not his job. I am surprised it took this long. But than again Ford was always able to treat CH as his personal playground.

I did notice on the weekend a TPS member tweeted everybody to drive safe and not drink and drive. Which consist of many people replying that they allowed Ford to drive drunk without a second thought. As bad as Ford is, the spotlight and credibility hit really goes on them

Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 4.06.08 PM.jpg

jc.php.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 4.06.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 4.06.08 PM.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,010
  • jc.php.jpg
    jc.php.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
The Ford brand is as tarnished as Union Carbide, more details will leak, more trash will be shown, Tug will rail at the injustice of it all.

Kathy has a court date coming up in late May, this will be AFTER it was reported she arranged drugs to be delivered to her home, granted that info won't be entered into the public record but given her history and such I don't bet that will make for a rosy court appearance. For all we know the TPS still have Lisi under surveillance and this info has been passed on to her probation officer, associating with known criminals. Quite often when cops want to add additional charges they wait until the next court date, saves time tracking down the person.

I do hope the Star doesn't give her a "Heads up" on the next date and she's brought in on a bench warrant for a 2nd FTA.

P.S. I wish Scott MacIntyre would dish on the whole sordid affair, I suspect he's seen some crazy stuff from not just Rub and Kathy but Tug too.

I do think stories that come out on the weekend paper is normally the worst time to get the buzz out but it's understandable because the weekend papers are more expensive so if the newspaper wants a day in the week to sell most papers it will be the weekend. I didn't watch much news this weekend so not sure how much coverage it got. But for Monday G&M story, I am a normal watcher of Global news at 11pm and there nothing about it (they are normally pretty good on Ford stuff) but last night Mayor corruption nothing, but the hoader story was front an centre.
it's not so much that it came out in the weekend paper -- it's that it was released online Friday night. It came at the same time as Doug's "proof of Rob in rehab" story to the CBC. All the news stations I saw lead with Doug's "proof" -- followed by "oh and by the way, the Star has a story..."

Second, I went out Friday night; I'm sure a lot of people did. Not everyone wants their weekend ruled by this stuff. I'd much rather the March 5 story came out during the week so the reactions from councillors and others would have to be immediate, not giving them 2 days to craft their reactions and for everyone to cool off.

Well we have our tinfoil hats on, has anyone ever heard anything about that union boss McCormack? My brother says he sees him around driving a Ferrari. Think he makes enough as a union boss to be able to afford such a car? I know he successfully defended himself against corruption charges a few years ago but, ya know...

I'd be more interested in knowing what his brother, William McCormack Jr, is up to these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back