4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 664     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bill Blair's family connection to the mob/GFL thing was speculation offered by Peepers, based on nothing but someone with the same name as one of Blair's brothers supposedly bearing a resemblance to the police chief based on a very small, badly lit photo. Peepers had an irrational hate for Blair. I believe someone later had better knowledge of what Blair's brother of that name does, proving that he wasn't in the garbage business.

It was voxpop who said that Blair's brother was the head of construction employee union.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=779100#post779100
Not sure if it's the same "John Blair" as the GFL guy, but Chief Blair's brother John Blair is the head of a major construction industry trade association (i.e. an employers' union).
And before that, I think it was Evvabeing who found an article about Blair's brother last August...summertime anyway.

If that is indeed his brother, then JB being connected to the (mob-controlled) industry is a a strong start to the construction of a tinfoil hat.

Well we have our tinfoil hats on, has anyone ever heard anything about that union boss McCormack? My brother says he sees him around driving a Ferrari. Think he makes enough as a union boss to be able to afford such a car? I know he successfully defended himself against corruption charges a few years ago but, ya know...

I seem to recall reading an article somewhere that said the 'Ndrangheta had infiltrated the TPS. Or maybe I read it here. Or maybe it was the other way around, the TPS had infiltrated 'Ndrangheta.

2013-Nov-02, 21:13

Post#25456

Not sure that's the post to quote re: claims about "Bill Blair's mob connectedness". That post was intended to question the assertion that Bill Blair's brother is an exec at GFL. I mean, what could a construction industry trade association possibly have to do with the mob? :p

Is there any activity at the Camping office on Lawrence East? Last time someone was by the windows were papered up with posters but not much going on. Where's our UT scout for that part of town?

Or maybe it was that UT had infiltrated the mob? It's all so confusing sometimes...

Spoon boy: Do not try and infiltrate the mob. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no mob.
Neo: There is no mob?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the mob that corrupts, it is only yourself.

Is there any activity at the Camping office on Lawrence East? Last time someone was by the windows were papered up with posters but not much going on. Where's our UT scout for that part of town?

That clip yesterday with Smitherman's brother was filmed there, they are back to papered windows, they had lace curtains briefly 2(?)weeks ago, paper like it was yesterday 2 weeks before that, and different paper when they first got the keys. About the time of the lace curtains the actual sign at the roof line appeared...

Rob Ford 'crack video' likely won't come out until after municipal election. Fuck.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...si_faces_trial_on_drug_charges_next_year.html

I think before all the other crap came out it was a big deal - I don't think its such a big deal now - much worse things seem to be coming out - like Dougo's involvement with the Apollo file. ZING!!!

I can't wait for Rofo or Dofus start spouting off about Hudak axing 100k public sector jobs - without reading the actual math the Globe provided. ZING ZING!

Realistically... the crack video was never going to be allowed to be a factor in the election. The Fords like to throw around "political" as an epithet, but that really would have been "too political."

I think Hudak - and a certain extent Harper - are heavily wishing the Ford family would just go away. Hudak has to be feeling the knives coming out and could you imagine what a mockery a Ford would make running for Federal office - especially if Harper had to baby sit one of them???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back