661     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 590     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 733     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
fyi: Josh Matlow came out against RoFo's bigotry on the weekend.
So, there has been at least one councillor to take a stand.
Josh Matlow
10 May via Twitter
Rob Ford lied to you. He's a homophobe, racist, anti-Semite & hangs out with criminals. Toronto, this dishonourable fraud has to go.

Canadian Press

"Lisi and dry cleaner Jamshid Bahrami, who is also facing drug charges in the investigation, had their drug trial set for March 24 to 27 of 2015." [The preliminary inquiry is for Lisi's extortion charge.]

[Court time also booked in April 2015 for Lisi's lawyer to argue an entrapment defense in the event that Lisi is convicted on the drug charges.]

If he hadn't already done so many, many times before, I would agree. But he has. Also, to satisfy us tinfoilers, there's the question of Blair's family mob connections.

Blair's mob connections? Was there a post on this? Is this widely rumoured or discussed?

(I don't mean this as challenging, it's literally the first I've heard of it and am wondering if I missed something!)

Blair's mob connections? Was there a post on this? Is this widely rumoured or discussed?

(I don't mean this as challenging, it's literally the first I've heard of it and am wondering if I missed something!)

I think you missed the joke. (Or did I miss yours?)

In Canada, the 'Ndrangheta is believed to be involved in the smuggling of unlicensed tobacco products through ties with criminal elements in cross-border Native American tribes. According to Alberto Cisterna of the Italian National Anti-Mafia Directorate, the ‘Ndrangheta has a heavy presence in Canada. "There is a massive number of their people in North America, especially in Toronto. And for two reasons. The first is linked to the banking system. Canada's banking system is very secretive; it does not allow investigation. So Canada is the ideal place to launder money. The second reason is to smuggle drugs." Like most organized crime, the 'Ndrangheta have found Canada a useful North American entry point given its porous ports and proximity to the United States. A Canadian branch labelled the Siderno Group – because its members primarily came from the Ionian coastal town of Siderno in Calabria – is based in Canada at least since the 1950s. Siderno is also home to one of the 'Ndrangheta's biggest and most important clans, heavily involved in the global cocaine business and money laundering. Antonio Commisso, the alleged leader of the Siderno group, is reported to lead efforts to import "...illicit arms, explosives and drugs..." Elements of 'Ndrangheta have been reported to have been present in Hamilton, Canada as early as 1911.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Ndrangheta#Canada

The Bill Blair's family connection to the mob/GFL thing was speculation offered by Peepers, based on nothing but someone with the same name as one of Blair's brothers supposedly bearing a resemblance to the police chief based on a very small, badly lit photo. Peepers had an irrational hate for Blair. I believe someone later had better knowledge of what Blair's brother of that name does, proving that he wasn't in the garbage business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back