1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 621     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the bar's own fb page:
1526673_10153703409805114_1501178647_n.jpg

Also, an interview from Nov 2013, asking patrons how they feel about RoFO's crack confession.
They don't say that Ford is a regular at the bar, but that he is at the plaza itself:
"...buys his medication at Drugtown in this plaza and brings his children to Baskin Robbins for ice cream"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...ck-revelations-from-the-heart-of-ford-nation/

hmmm, medication, eh?

While we're waiting, anybody want to post a hypothetical transcript of Robbo's visit to God's own clinic? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person interested in the back-and-forth between Rob and the being-in-charge ... :p

Seriously, the best outcome for every atom in the universe, except some atoms belonging to Doug Ford, is that Rob finally comprehends reality and reserves time from now until 2016 or beyond to get his shit together. I am not holding my breath about that. Much more likely, Rob comes back to T.O. in June 2014 and takes everything to the next more horrible level.

From a future Joe Warmington column:
Talking to Mayor Ford and the Chicago staff, I have been told that Rob Ford has been the greatest in-patient in the history of the spa, er...clinic. And he tells me that in his 28 day vacation I mean rehab stay, he has managed to cut costs and create efficiencies which have saved the clinic over one million dollars.

Hotmail lawyer says a lot of things, but I don't think he's really kept in the loop.
At one point, Hotmail lawyer said about the latest video, "You can't see what is in the pipe" which should have led to the obvious followup question: So now you're saying Ford could have been smoking crystal meth?

I think it's dangerous to believe only simple minded people find Ford appealing. For example, a friend in his 40s with a degree in engineering, a masters in business, a business owner and Italian, still supports Ford even today. I shake my head unable to understand. I have sent him links to 2 articles by Matt Elliott debunking Ford's claims and robfordfacts. We'll see if that changes his mind. Not holding my breath because if everything to date hasn't changed support level I have no idea what will.

I dare say he's simpleminded in spite of his education.

It looks like the mob are cleaning up their own act: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/04/man-shot-in-vaughan

From this past Sunday's murder:
"Police are looking for a grey car that was seen leaving the scene after the shots were fired."

From April 24th's hit:
"Police said they are searching for a grey or silver Honda Civic, or similar vehicle, that was seen by witnesses close to where the incident occurred."

It looks like the mob are cleaning up their own act: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/04/man-shot-in-vaughan

From this past Sunday's murder:
"Police are looking for a grey car that was seen leaving the scene after the shots were fired."

From April 24th's hit:
"Police said they are searching for a grey or silver Honda Civic, or similar vehicle, that was seen by witnesses close to where the incident occurred."

And the Rob Ford connection is?

Well, this sounds like an indictment of our educational system, right? Whether education is meant primarily to make you proficient in a technical set of skills, or to make you capable of critical thinking, and steeped in an understanding of the scientific method. It's easy to envisage democracy stumbling because a balance of citizens aren't capable of assessment and appraisal.

View attachment 25711

View attachment 25709

The Kouvalis Effect.

View attachment 25710

Whoever did that first "graph"(ic) really needs to be fired, that is just bad and they should feel bad. Horribly misleading, and the greasy 'used-car-salesman' grin on Tory implies he knows how dishonest it is.

voxpopulicosmicum has also brought up a good point; "I would have thought him seeking treatment would have helped his approval " The few people I know who say they liked Ford, even after the first crack smoking video came out, have their own issues with booze or drugs (or racism, sexism, or homophobia). Seeing Ford behave the way he does gives them some validation. They don't make the connection that being drunk on the job is unacceptable because too often, they too get high or drunk at work and don't wish to be condemned for it. Seeking treatment would be an admission that addictions are not acceptable and it bursts their denial bubble. Has anyone else noticed this with people who were supportive?

Don't forget gambling (esp. considering that Woodbine is in Ford's ward). Or to go down the "drug" scale, just plain tobacco--esp. in these days when you can't smoke within the workplace, and a lot of people might miss the "old days".

Or, if they don't have *their own* issues, they may have *offspring* with issues--and perhaps feel "validation" through being not the only parents w/drugged-out/irresponsible kids (and having to bail them out over and over) out there. Of course, without proper comprehension of how their own maladroit parenting may have opened the way to said issues...

You know where they have really successful methods of keeping addicts off drugs? High security penitentiaries. Which is where Rob should be, not an expensive rehab facility (if that's that's actually where he is). If Rob was just an addict, liar, and an asshole, I'd wish him a successful recovery. But because he's also a violent woman (and Sandro) beater, all I hope for him is a nice, long, prison stretch.

I still stand by my belief that the only chance Rob has to survive is if he is arrested.

I really don't buy that Doug doesn't believe they can still win, and that Rob will be back post-Ontario election to play the "I took care of my problems"card. I will eat my hat if Rob drops out.

Last edited:
I still stand by my belief that the only chance Rob has to survive is if he is arrested.

I really don't buy that Doug doesn't believe they can still win, and that Rob will be back post-Ontario election to play the "I took care of my problems"card. I will eat my hat if Rob drops out.

Ya, hard to picture Rob drooping out, though it'd be the best thing for his health. He can't handle the pressures that come with being mayor.

Twent-five (or six) days until our Ford and saviour returns...

reporterdonpeat 9:08am via HootSuite
“I have no comment on that ... Our family is committed to serving the people" Doug Ford on whether he'd run for mayor.

His family is in no position to serve the people - thus far, they have caused nothing but no end of troubles for the city, making a mockery of peace, order and good government.

re: Charts

And individuals who made/made decisions with those charts will be put into a position of handling numbers in the umpteen billions? What a horrifying thought.

AoD

Last edited:
I totally agree. Lots of smart people believe in ghosts, ufo's, conspiracy theories and angels. Has anyone heard that stupid show on AM radio (640 maybe?) where the host interviews U.F.O. "experts"? I've heard it 2 or 3 times now and I'm gobsmacked every time. Said with enough authority, too many people are willing to suspend common sense or doubt.

heh, that "stupid show" is highly addictive if you're talking about Coast to Coast. When I was up nights I used to listen to it - not only ghosts, but psychics, aliens, conspiracy theorists...The host is a bit lame because he pretends to believe every whack job on the show. It would be perfect if they covered the Ford Nation phenomena (although luckily it seems to be dying out).

As for Ford's "rehab", I believe Hotmail Lawyer said he was in a "treatment facility". I really hope so (as opposed to having him dry out in a condo somewhere). No way any kind of rehab is going to stick if Ford comes back to the campaign/his family. If his wife is still using, he'll be off the wagon w/in 24 hours of returning home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back