4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, wasn't Doug in Chicago just last week? I know they have business interests there, but was he setting something up? A rehab facility or the basement of a trusted employee or business partner? The possibilities are endless!

It does suggest some sort of personal connection, doesn't it? Let's limit the possibilities to the ridiculous then. http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC 2m
More from Doug Ford. Mayor will attend "one of the best facilities in North America". He declined to provide location.
It's in keeping with everything else, i.e., Best. Rehab. Ever.

They're investigating crimes they think he has already committed. Doesn't matter whether he's still mayor or still running for mayor. They're looking for proof of what they believe already happened, and it doesn't matter whether he was mayor at the time or not (unless it involves influence peddling or other corrupt practice directly related to his position). Drugs, gangs, guns, murders, beatings, extortion -- that's what they're after. If he does drop out or is defeated, that removes the possibility that an arrest is a political act, making the optics easier on the TPS if they finally act. The only effect on Brazen2 is to potentially prevent gathering evidence of new crimes, I would say.

I agree---the big upside here could be that the longer Ford stays gone, the less teeth for the suggestion that an arrest is "political" or tampering with a fair election result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back