News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 437     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal 1m
NEW: Global News has Confirmed, Rob Ford flew on a private plane this morning to Chicago out of Buttonville Airport. #RobFord

So many interesting contradictions.

Bicycle = elite
Private plane = normal guy

Wine = elite
Crack = normal guy

Honest truth: I couldn't care less about Rob Ford's well-being or whether he gets better. He's never shown any real sympathy for anyone else, and the entire extent of what passes for his political vision is the elimination of everything our society does to aid others who are suffering.

You're not alone.

Just for laughs, let's speculate that the plan is indeed for Mayor Assclown to pop into a rehab center for a month or so, and yes, I entirely agree with those of you who say there's nothing sincere about this gesture at all. From the very second I heard about it, here at UT last night, I knew he was either being forced into this, or he had an ulterior motive. As it turns out, it's both: Manifestly, Rofo's own behavior, as usual, has forced his family's hand - unsurprisingly, and also as usual, when Doug-o wasn't around to hold his leash - but this is a crass, obvious con job, utterly transparent and insincere. It would seem the Fords have had this little endgame in mind all along should it prove necessary, and eventually, it did. It's too dramatic and attention-grabbing a gesture for it to be otherwise, not from this pack of opportunistic jackals. And, of course, it fits their narrative of Slob being the Eternal Victim. It couldn't be more obvious if that were their intention.

So, they're (supposedly) shipping Fat Boy off to a rehab center. And let's say it's a real rehab center, and that Rofo's not being allowed to disappear into one of the Fords' Florida properties, where he'll booze and coke it up to his widdle heart's content until it's time to make his triumphant reappearence at City Hall. All "clean" and "sober," natch. If it's a reputable place, are they going to put up with the inevitable headaches that'll come along with Ford's entitlement issues? The rule breaking? Abuse to the staff? I guess your average detox outfits have to put up with such things, but I assume there's a limit, and I have every confidence Rofo will gleefully push things until they have no choice but to kick him out on his gigantic behind. And won't that look good in the media?

Or maybe they do think they can just hide him for a month, let him do whatever he wants, and pronounce him fit for office once again when he makes his return, without a shred of evidence the fat fuck has actually done anything to clean himself up. The Ford braintrust - Slob, Thug and Diane - certainly seem to have enough contempt for the general public to think they could pull off such a scheme, no? Of course, if this is what's happening, then if some enterprising reporter gets evidence that Mayor Assclown is spending his time off getting drunk and high instead of sweating it out at the Betty Ford Clinic, it really won't look good, will it?

Last edited:
NEW: Global News has Confirmed, Rob Ford flew on a private plane this morning to Chicago out of Buttonville Airport. #RobFord
Hmmmm, wasn't Doug in Chicago just last week? I know they have business interests there, but was he setting something up? A rehab facility or the basement of a trusted employee or business partner? The possibilities are endless!

Maybe they think that the only way to limit his alcohol and crack intake is to keep him airborne as much as possible.

Official city news release

"[...] I want to assure all residents that the business of the City of Toronto continues as usual," said Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly. "Our priorities are stable governance and ensuring that we focus on advancing the important business of the City of Toronto [...]"

Is there actually anyone, anywhere, who might think that we would be LESS stable with RoFo absent? "Continues as usual", my ass. I want to see "returns to normal". :p

Free? That ought to grab Doug's attention.

KatieSimpson24 12:35pm via Twitter for iPhone
Rob Ford's lawyer tells me he's been getting phone calls from rehab centres offering to take the mayor, free of charge.

Do we even begin to suspect that this rehab stunt is the opening act of an actual tv reality show? Doug dreamed up Cut the Waist, could this be his next opus - Can the Booze (and Stuff)? Daily physicals with Ben, pep talks from Cherry, drug lectures from that Trailer Park Boy, weekly progress report with Jimmy.

Do we even begin to suspect that this rehab stunt is the opening act of an actual tv reality show? Doug dreamed up Cut the Waist, could this be his next opus - Can the Booze (and Stuff)? Daily physicals with Ben, pep talks from Cherry, drug lectures from that Trailer Park Boy, weekly progress report with Jimmy.

You could call it "Doug Dynasty", as in Doug Sr. Seriously, the title practically writes itself.

I'd love to give Robbie a personal guided tour of some of the hell-holes in this city he could end up in if he ever goes broke. If that would not cure him, nothing would.

He is no where near rock-bottom, yet.

Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.
(Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.)

Now baby, listen baby, don't ya treat me this-a way
Cause I'll be back on my feet some day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back