News   Jul 09, 2024
 151     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 369     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
GraphicMatt 8:35pm via Tweetbot for iOS
What could the Sun have on Ford that could be worse than, you know, all the other things?

Toronto Sun ‏@TheTorontoSun · 1m
EXCLUSIVE: Toronto Mayor Rob says he's ready to 'go get help' and take a break from mayoral campaign http://ow.ly/wm0bE

Whoa. Odds that his has something to do with the police presence at city hall and his brother's mysterious absence?

Twitter says there's new audio coming that is incredibly embarrassing and offensive to a number of people.

warmington is reporting what mayor ford, doug ford and dennis morris have personally told him. how prescient this forum is! guess we all now know what douglas jr. and the long-time family criminal lawyer have been up to.

this is really, really big.

Just saw that - beaten to it. Woah.
Coincidence that Doug has been under the radar?

I hate to be cynical but I wonder if this timing could possibly be because his numbers aren't moving and they have data showing they get a bump of X# of points if he rehabs? I'm happy if he's actually getting too late but he's a year too late politically, as far as I'm concerned. It's hard to imagine a world in which, last May, he just went into rehab, eh? Too little, way too late after way too much lying.

Also, the Sun is so lame:
Mayor Ford told the Sun's Joe Warmington that he realizes "it's time" and that he "wants" to "deal with his issues."

Why is "wants" in quotes??
Why is he announcing this in the middle of the Raptors game??!

Then again he also now accepts the fact that an increase in property taxes, a big increase, will be necessary to pay for the subway expansion.

GraphicMatt 8:35pm via Tweetbot for iOS
What could the Sun have on Ford that could be worse than, you know, all the other things?

It doesn't have to be worse, it just has to be REAL. The Sterling incident proves that outrage from the public only comes when you can quantify/document bad behavior. There was overwhelming evidence for years that Sterling was a raging/despicable racist, but no one cared until there was a recording to prove it.

IF there is a new tape/audio that comes out into the public and shows beyond doubt what everyone *suspects* about Ford, then that will have a bigger impact than some snooty newspaper claiming they have video.

Basically, most people are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back