637     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 352     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 460     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is the only reason most of us follow Ford on twitter!

You can create "lists" on twitter, and they are like separate timelines. Like you can have a list called TOpoli and put everyone you follow for TOpoli news there, and then have another one for, say, tennis ;), and put all your tennis-related accounts there. That way you can separate subjects you're interested in.

But the main thing about Lists is you can put people on your list and "Follow" them without actually following them! I like this because there are people I want to check up on but I don't want to increase their follower counts. :D I use it as a sort of "bookmark" system to keep track of some accounts I really don't want to "follow".

But the main thing about Lists is you can put people on your list and "Follow" them without actually following them! I like this because there are people I want to check up on but I don't want to increase their follower counts. :D I use it as a sort of "bookmark" system to keep track of some accounts I really don't want to "follow".

How delightfully nefarious.

On CP24 their scroller told of the new Star Wars movie's cast selection. The names Fisher, Hammill and Ford crawled by. I did a doubletake....and I'll bet a lot of you reading this did too. It occurred to me that the spectacle and damage accrued to this nonsense of Ford will be in our collective conciousness for years to come...

That happens to me all the time when I read a ticker report on Ford motor company, they'll have something like "Ford wins an award for..." and my first thought is what the hell make-believe award did Robbie get? Then reading it clearer I see they are talking about car awards. CP24 ticker writers have this problem too, during the Fort Hood military base shooting this month CP24 ticker had it written "Ford Hood" (just notice G&M and CTV news article called it Ford Hood as well, weird)

sixrings: comparing Ford and other controversial characters. I've thought for a while that the difference is the Ford supporters. They are much more cultish than your normal celebrity or even politician. We all have our biases for our favorite politician but if he's antics or negative personality starts to effect negatively the brand (either Conservative or liberal|) over a period of time you see him as a liability. Same as somebody as an owner of a team, if they start bringing shame to your favorite team or even your city. You willing to move on even if you liked him as an owner before.

The thing with Ford Nation, is that they have no brand, they have no philosophy that they support or care. They like the man but really have no distinct real reason to do. The only appeal he has as it's been discussed here before is that he's "one of us" in their minds. He also festers into people divisiveness and negativity to play up a make-believe victimizing for them. That's why he can't do no wrong for that 25%, because he doesn't represent anything right. You ask them their view of drugs and they'll be against it, unless it's Ford. You ask them their views on lying, they be against it unless it Ford. You ask them their views on being a public spectacle, they would be against it unless it's Ford.

If you ever see a documentary on cults, the most interesting aspect I find is talking about the cult followers family, and they keep saying they would be normal and have regular standards. But somehow joining this cult they change their standards for their leader.

Just saw that - beaten to it. Woah.
Coincidence that Doug has been under the radar?

I hate to be cynical but I wonder if this timing could possibly be because his numbers aren't moving and they have data showing they get a bump of X# of points if he rehabs? I'm happy if he's actually getting too late but he's a year too late politically, as far as I'm concerned. It's hard to imagine a world in which, last May, he just went into rehab, eh? Too little, way too late after way too much lying.

Also, the Sun is so lame:
Mayor Ford told the Sun's Joe Warmington that he realizes "it's time" and that he "wants" to "deal with his issues."

Why is "wants" in quotes??
Why is he announcing this in the middle of the Raptors game??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back