136     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 175     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 381     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Chow meeting the Sheik from here on it takes the wind out of some "celebrity endorsements" Ford might have been trying to leverage - now its going to be "so what...."

Repair back log when Jones came on board 751M...estimated backlog on exit 862M
Single family dwelings to be sold 2012 55...unable to find an update outside of the article in the Star about the one in the Beach they've taken off market....
Applications for residence are at somewhere around 94K in 2014 which seems to me to be an increase of 20K over 2012
Alexandra Park redevelopment is now on going (good thing)
Regent Park revitization is completing Phase 2 and getting ready for Phase 3 (good thing)
Lawrence Park redevelopment seems to be progressing albeit slowly (good thing)
I would think Gene Jones's biggest shortfall is not conveying to the senior government mandarins the dire need TCHC has for seed money...I think he left it in the hands of pols rather than getting his feet dirty or else he didn't know how to do it the Canadian way...

Alexandra, Regent and Lawrence Park projects are a good thing but don't they exist because of work done before Jones (selected May 2012; started work June 2012)?

Clocks are for the elites....

brilliant -- the birth of a meme before my very eyes!

imagine the possibilities: ombudsmen are for the elites; Keys to Us are for the elites; a daily schedule is for the elites...

images.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 739
I don't know what to make out of CP24, I am not really sure if they are "pro ford" or right-wing or whatever. Or is it more that they are just lazy. I think Ledrew and a lot of the younger reporters are just bad at their job (Simpson was okay when she was at CH) Guys like Ford can say anything without being challenged. I think Lagogianes is very pro Ford and they way he reports you can just tell it always with a Ford positive spin.

Friday Lagogianes was interviewing wacko Ford/Jones supporters before the announcement. Of course the Ford supporting parrot repeat classic Ford talking points, "Jones did a great job, Conspiracy, others wanted revenge" etc. Of course ignoring why Jones is being let go from the report. Lago looked at the camera and said "There Ford side, the other side and the truth is somewhat in the middle.

I started screaming at the TV, no it's not! If i say 2+2=4 and Ford says 2+2=8, the answer ISN'T 6. It's FOUR. When Doolittle/Donavan say they say a Rob smoking crack, and Rob replied with "no i didn't it's a conspiracy" the truth wasn't in the middle. Ford LIED. The ombudsman is an independent party who wrote a detailed report. Ford is a compulsive liar who speaks in generalizations. They both don't have the same credibility. Most of the media shrugs it off like it both opinion.

I am a big fan of Jon Stewart and that's one of this biggest pet peeves of media down there (especially CNN) they give both sides equal weight when one side has much more legit facts on their side than the other that is just spin.

Much of the time you get one side, with no critique. Sometimes you get two sides, with no critique. But in day to day 'headline' news a critique is always missing. Also missing pretty much all of the time is the kind of background info that is needed for a listener/viewer/reader to perform his/her own critique.

A simple example: Yesterday, I had CBC Radio 1 on in the background from 4 pm until after 6 pm. It was repeated, over and over, by the host, the local news reader and Strashin, at the very least 10 times, that 'Ford says if re-elected he will bring back Jones'. Not once was even 30 seconds spent on pointing out that the TCHC CEO is selected by its board, or city council can step in to make the selection in lieu of the board by majority vote, and it is never within the mayor's power.

Last edited:
I don't know what to make out of CP24, I am not really sure if they are "pro ford" or right-wing or whatever. Or is it more that they are just lazy. I think Ledrew and a lot of the younger reporters are just bad at their job (Simpson was okay when she was at CH) Guys like Ford can say anything without being challenged. I think Lagogianes is very pro Ford and they way he reports you can just tell it always with a Ford positive spin.

Friday Lagogianes was interviewing wacko Ford/Jones supporters before the announcement. Of course the Ford supporting parrot repeat classic Ford talking points, "Jones did a great job, Conspiracy, others wanted revenge" etc. Of course ignoring why Jones is being let go from the report. Lago looked at the camera and said "There Ford side, the other side and the truth is somewhat in the middle.

I started screaming at the TV, no it's not! If i say 2+2=4 and Ford says 2+2=8, the answer ISN'T 6. It's FOUR. When Doolittle/Donavan say they say a Rob smoking crack, and Rob replied with "no i didn't it's a conspiracy" the truth wasn't in the middle. Ford LIED. The ombudsman is an independent party who wrote a detailed report. Ford is a compulsive liar who speaks in generalizations. They both don't have the same credibility. Most of the media shrugs it off like it both opinion.

I am a big fan of Jon Stewart and that's one of this biggest pet peeves of media down there (especially CNN) they give both sides equal weight when one side has much more legit facts on their side than the other that is just spin.

The rot, laziness and duplicity of the media down south (and to a certain extent here) is well articulated here.

The TL/DR? The people Palin, Ford, Fox, etc. target only read the headlines and the lower third screen crawl.

Sorry I'm late to the table but mark my words, when young blood is spilled this Summer on TCHC grounds, the blood will be on the hands of the lefist goon squad of the Ombudsman, Integrity Commissioner and lobbyist registrar. Hopefully it won't.

As someone who worked directly with TCHC youth and young adults and who on his very first day at work got off the bus to a crime scene where police were collecting gun shells, there is always young blood spilled in the summer no matter who is in charge.

Pud, you are right they are long term projects planned before E Jones came on board however at least give him credit for not gumming up the works...Just think of the outcry if Jones had of started to dabble to deeply into A Vaughan's crown and glory Alexandra or what is going on with Council's approval up in Lawrence Heights (I originally misidentified it as Park)...there would hell to pay

CP24, going live to air, needs to quarterback the scrums. They're far more interested in maintaining access than in understanding the story. Except for a couple notable occasions when someone dropped a tough question and met the scorn of the Fords, the whole lot of reporters have been so many weathergirls hanging by the elevator waiting to ask the Mayor how he feels. And this is after he has been completely disgraced, his heaping stinkpile of dirty laundry exposed. Oh what parrots of the "gravy train" "downtown elite" "only one looking out for taxpayers" lines they were through the last election and the first years of Ford's term.

Pud, you are right they are long term projects planned before E Jones came on board however at least give him credit for not gumming up the works...Just think of the outcry if Jones had of started to dabble to deeply into A Vaughan's crown and glory Alexandra or what is going on with Council's approval up in Lawrence Heights (I originally misidentified it as Park)...there would hell to pay

I agree - but refraining from interfering with large, long-term projects already in the works doesn't seem to be very much of a positive accomplishment. I think that your concluding thought is spot on - Jones (like Ford) seems to have been in large part a champion of Jones (as Ford is of Ford) rather than of the TCHC. It is of course better for the TCHC to have some sort of so-called 'human face' than to be the proverbial 'faceless bureaucracy', but having 'little old ladies pinch your cheek' (as emotionally 8 year old persons such as Ford crave) is a minor consideration when contrasted with massive and growing repair backlogs and 10's of 1,000's on the waiting lists.

Last edited:
Stay strong MM! :D

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 2h
Anybody making a Rob Ford movie, hold off because the best part is going to be the machinations behind Brazen2. #AllTheMayorsMen #thriller

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 3h
Media are being played like violins by TPS, Brazen2 team and even OPP. I'm happy to keep singing to their tune if it means Ford is charged.

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO · 3h
Following rumors, police proceeded to intimidate Ford by parking cruisers outside his property late at night.

MM

From an admittedly brief look at his Twitter feed just now, it seems that MM is down to spending most of his time trying to fend off skeptics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back