News   Jul 09, 2024
 346     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 459     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJMiDUo.jpg

PreAmalMan can be funny, but I think he's blowing his franchise by talking too much. Dude needs to edit and only go with his best material. Mining ancient MM tweets gets tiresome and makes him look more like a garden-variety troll. Shame, because he can do some solid satire.
I've wondered if is is Shawn Micalef. I think the premise is funny the "Pre-Amalgamation Man" as foil to MetroMan. For the record, I'm a fan of both. Oh and JimmyT for Mayor!

Also: http://torontoist.com/2010/11/a_rebelmayor_with_a_cause/

Last edited:
Pud, you are right they are long term projects planned before E Jones came on board however at least give him credit for not gumming up the works...Just think of the outcry if Jones had of started to dabble to deeply into A Vaughan's crown and glory Alexandra or what is going on with Council's approval up in Lawrence Heights (I originally misidentified it as Park)...there would hell to pay

There isn't too much he can do anyways - the org. need the money to rebuild their housing stock, and there is no money to be had unless they sold off the land to private developers. What's he going to do? Put a halt to that process?

AoD

I just drove past Ford's Scarborough office but it was dark. I didn't pull into the parking lot, just a quick drive past.

I'm embarrassed to follow Sarah Thomson on Twitter ...

ThomsonTO: Talking #transit in. #toronto http://t.co/mxV5RUYtGt

... okay...

And Stintz too, yesterday posted a picture of a Canada Post truck parked on St Clair East just east of Yonge, blocking a lane. Asked her what she plans to do. Her (her staffer) just sent me talking points about appointing a 'transportation czar' to oversee yada yada yada real time yada yada... OK... what's he/she going to do? There are always delivery vehicles on St Clair. There's nowhere else for them to go. They get ticketed, all the time, that's just cost of doing business.

I'm so frustrated with these candidates. I can almost see why some people would vote for Ford, his message is simple. I'm hoping Soknacki or Chow get strong in the coming months ... I'm getting worried.

If you're going to single out Stintz and (especially) Thomson among "these candidates", you're barking up the wrong tree re solutions to dislodge the Ford vote.

I think with Chow meeting the Sheik from here on it takes the wind out of some "celebrity endorsements" Ford might have been trying to leverage - now its going to be "so what...."

Keep in mind that Chow/Layton were just as savvy in 2011--getting themselves (and with wit) on Sun News as soon as it went on-air, for instance...

He loves to talk sh*t though. There is a big difference between running your mouth and actively causing something.
I don't even like to give energy to the thought of RF being responsible for Fraud Nayshun getting so worked up that they start hurting people. ....It seems so evil and insidious.
He is too stupid to engineer something masterful and terrifying. But in his megalomania, he could definitely try and get his people to start causing sh*t.

It depends on how you define "actively". Because in a way, he's also too stupid to realize he might be riling up his supporters to do just that...or at least, to realize the gravity of what that all means.

And unfortunately, in the eventuality that such stuff *does* happen, he'd also be stupid enough to offer a "yeah, this wouldn't have happened if my enemies didn't so-and-so, bla bla etc etc" excuse.

There are smart bombs; and then there are dumb bombs. RoFo is a dumb bomb.

Keep in mind that Chow/Layton were just as savvy in 2011--getting themselves (and with wit) on Sun News as soon as it went on-air, for instance...

... And Sarah Polley kind of trumps Trailer Park dude in the celebrity category. She sent out an email supporting Chow a few days ago.

Speaking of Jimmi T...any updates? MM seems to think Brazen 2 is as active as ever.

MM is right. I spoke with Giroux again and he insists the same is true. And Sandro claims police surveillance is stronger than ever. I recently learned the main reason cops wanted Prices phone records was to see who called him to tell him Smith was killed for the crack video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back