4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other bits of info in Kevin's article. Police interviewed Fab. Confirm that it was a black guy with a police baton that broke in and beat him. Also confirms Sandro isn't cooperating with police:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._recording_mayor_sucking_on_a_crack_pipe.html

well, it tells us that's what Fabio told police, right? If he didn't want to say who it was (someone he recognized maybe), the standard answer is "some black guy" (remember Susan Smith?). Not saying for sure he's lying... just sayin'.

JProskowGlobal 10:45am via Web
Police offered to show the video to Mayor Ford on condition he not discuss contents with anyone or comment. Mayor declined.
Of course he had to decline with those conditions. Hotmail lawyer know there was no way RoFo could have kept his mouth shut.

Emerging from lurkerdom to say: I found his itinerary for those days (Feb. 17/18, 2013)!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/toronto-mayor-ford-schedule/article14177028/

Details are in an interactive list in the article:
February 17 5 p.m
Jiang Kin's Chinese Calligraphy and Paintings Exhibition 5183 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto
Did not attend

February 17 7 p.m
2nd Annual Lunar New Year's Gala 9019 Leslie St, Toronto
Did not attend

February 18 11:30 a.m
Donation to Riverdale Farm (Kelly) 201 Winchester St, Toronto
Did not attend

Toronto Waterfront BIA Family Day 245 Queen Quay West, Toronto
Did not attend

February 18 12 p.m
Family Day at Mackenzie House - Black History Month Event 82 Bond St, Toronto
Did not attend

Sunset that day was 5:51 PM. I thought I had heard that there was a lot of sunlight in the video? Or was it just described as 'well lit' and I made up the sun part?

From Doolittle: "In the video, what appears to be afternoon sunlight is streaming through partially closed window blinds, lighting Ford’s face."

People on #topoli are speculating LeDrew breached the publication ban deliberately. Ford can now argue he can't get a fair trial.

well, it tells us that's what Fabio told police, right? If he didn't want to say who it was (someone he recognized maybe), the standard answer is "some black guy" (remember Susan Smith?). Not saying for sure he's lying... just sayin'.
Why would a pillar of the community like Fab Basso lie about such a thing?

From Doolittle: "In the video, what appears to be afternoon sunlight is streaming through partially closed window blinds, lighting Ford’s face."

The EXIF data on the video could be wrong. It's not outside the realm of possibility, especially if the phone wasn't connected to a network when it was recording. It could also explain why he missed his two evening events that night...

Emerging from lurkerdom to say: I found his itinerary for those days (Feb. 17/18, 2013)!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/toronto-mayor-ford-schedule/article14177028/

Details are in an interactive list in the article:

February 17 7 p.m
2nd Annual Lunar New Year's Gala 9019 Leslie St, Toronto
Did not attend

February 17 8 p.m
Smoke some sweet, sweet crack at Fabio's pad, 15 Windsor Rd, Toronto
Attended

Donation to Riverdale Farm (Kelly) 201 Winchester St, Toronto
Did not attend

FTFY

Status