News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 614     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

from the article:
I checked with Kimmel's publicist to see if the host was sincere. Assured that he truly did want nothing more than Rob Ford on his couch, I suggested I might be able to help. Kimmel's folks handed me off to his New York talent booker.
I put her together with Joe Warmington at The Sun, who I knew had Ford's ear. There was an anxious week last November when we all thought this would take place then, but for what ever reasons--connected to the Fords, apparently--it did not.

So, it's okay for Warmington to act as Ford's agent? :rolleyes:
If you want to arrange some entertainment biz stuff with Rob Ford, just go through Joe, he'll make it happen. It's not like he's busy being a journalist or anything. Ugh.

And in other news that no one remembers...

Doug Ford says aide with criminal record is a ‘champion’
Councillor Doug Ford says it is not fair to judge his new constituency assistant for criminal charges and convictions from the 1990s and 2000s.
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

yeah, Saracino -- remember him? The Star's Saturday story that we started talking about here before "OH MAW GAWD Rawb Ford is goin' to Hollywood!" took over... about 40 pages ago??

The Ford Family Travelling Circus made sure no one was talking about this guy being on Doug's staff nor his connection with DECO.

Last edited:
Oh jesus. He looks like his head is going to explode like an overripe cherry tomato.

Looks like pic is deleted already. Apparently, they changed their mind and determined it was not a good idea to be in a pic with a racist, wife-beating, drug-abusing, alcoholic, homophobic moron.

But yeah, it did look his head was going to explode.

I love how Amin cited "heavy security" as the reason Ford couldn't get into the Oscars. As though the entire purpose of said security wasn't to keep groupies like Ford from attending.

Not like their problems are anything like ours, but Brampton is in dire need of a new mayor too.

While Doug was being evasive about just how this trip was payed for I saw someone on Twitter ask something like "What other mayor would expense a trip like this?" and I almost made a Susan Fennell joke but I thought it would be rather too obscure. Clearly this is the place for such biting regional humour.

Hilarious and awesome from start to finish. Nice to finally see someone call this what it is - a publicity stunt.

And this: "But far from the red carpet, he walks a rainy, half empty sidewalk, another casualty of a broken hollywood dream. Turns out the Academy is a little picky about who gets in."

And the funny thing is, if it *weren't* a publicity stunt and he were serious about the Hollywood North drumming-up-business schtick, he (or any "normal" Mayor on such a junket) would have been part of this

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...party_honours_canadian_tv_and_film_stars.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back