34     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 861     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a few times during the past year where I've almost felt sorry for him and this is one of them. He and his brothers have no clue how bad this is and Kimmel is just going to make a mockery of him which will sail right over Ford's head.

The fact that people thought the Ford's were going to be invited to the Oscar's is insane. The Dolby theatre seats 3400 people. If you think about the number of films nominated and the difficulty of getting more than a plus one as an invite, why would the Ford's magically get a ticket. (i'm not even sure how easy it would be for Jimmy Kimmel to procure a ticket for himself!!!).

The Oscar's are to support American Film, why would Ellen make a joke about Rob Ford (as had been rumoured!) - do you think Julia Roberts cares about Rob Ford? Hint... she doesn't.

The only good that has come out of this trip so far is that the blue shirt seems to have stayed in the suitcase (cuz Rob is stylin' in his all black getup)

And it looks like American Hustle continues...

ddale8 9:04am via TweetDeck
Doug Ford defends his aide who has had criminal convictions and charges, says he doesn't judge people's pasts.

Kevin Spacey made a joke about Ford throwing up all over the dressing room, and the actual ford bit was that he can't follow a schedule. Yup, they're laughing with him alright......

Kimmel has already made a fool of Rob several times over. The limo driver gag (Lisi) then baiting them with a big steak dinner (mmm! donuts!) then parking them in front of the rec room tv with a bucket of popcorn to watch the Oscars. The preview appearance on the show just made Rob look *very* stupid (as opposed to just normal stupid) and the Spacey joke - hey someone tell Doug they came all the way from Toronto to have a serious actor like Spacey make jokes about the Mayor of Toronto puking all over the dressing room. But at least they're putting Toronto on the map, eh?

If it's anything like his past business trips, he'll announce that he's going down to LA to meet with Harvey Weinstein and Ron Howard, but in reality will just hang out at an Arby's by the airport and come home early.

Looks like I was being overly generous with Rob's choice of dining establishment

Rob Ford in Tinseltown: 'I'm here to sell Toronto'
Sandwiches - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• Sandwiches - Copy.jpg
    Sandwiches - Copy.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 397
Kimmel has already made a fool of Rob several times over. The limo driver gag (Lisi) then baiting them with a big steak dinner (mmm! donuts!) then parking them in front of the rec room tv with a bucket of popcorn to watch the Oscars. The preview appearance on the show just made Rob look *very* stupid (as opposed to just normal stupid) and the Spacey joke - hey someone tell Doug they came all the way from Toronto to have a serious actor like Spacey make jokes about the Mayor of Toronto puking all over the dressing room. But at least they're putting Toronto on the map, eh?

And don't forget the derisive laughter from the audience when Kimmel introduced him. He is a laughing stock and doesn't realize it. Sad.

On the other hand, his comedic timing is very good, even though it was a very short skit. I'd say he has a more promising career as a comedian than trying to be a politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back