4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Fucking Ford was married/had his wedding reception at St. George's golf club - and ya don't get much more elitist than that, folks - so while he and Doug can try to spin their anti-elitist crap it is just so much (more) hot air.

'We restrict our wine-sipping to vacations in France':

http://instagram.com/p/d32InIQddo/

"...and now if you'll pardon me, I have to call the federal finance minister; we're taking a boy's trip to Chicago. Next week is fishing with the Prime Minister but right now I have to go, Rob's Escalade, the one we bought him for his birthday is idling outside, you damned elitists."

"...and now if you'll pardon me, I have to call the federal finance minister; we're taking a boy's trip to Chicago. Next week is fishing with the Prime Minister but right now I have to go, Rob's Escalade, the one we bought him for his birthday is idling outside, you damned elitists."

Beautiful.

Did anyone see the video of Rob trying to cut the ribbon at the auto show with the giant scissors? HE CAN'T EVEN DO THAT!!!! That's like, the ONE thing left for him to do, and he screws it up.

Best Doug quote of the week, as if even he's given up trying to make sense of his own words. Gibberish...

ddale8 3:06pm via Web
Doug Ford, confusingly, on Soknacki: "I know he loves increasing taxes to build streetcars. We believe in lowering taxes to build subways."

Best Doug quote of the week, as if even he's given up trying to make sense of his own words. Gibberish...

ddale8 3:06pm via Web
Doug Ford, confusingly, on Soknacki: "I know he loves increasing taxes to build streetcars. We believe in lowering taxes to build subways."

It's an outstanding quote. Unfortunately, there are masses of people that actually believe that.

- Rob has long considered himself an anti-elitist even though he barely had to work before enter politics

This is pretty much what I would have expected. Successful and wealthy people are generally above average in a number of inherited attributes like intelligence, work ethic, maturity, looks, and so forth. Rob of course has very little going for him in any of these areas. Growing up he was probably not only shunned by other rich kids, but likely actively made fun of for being a dimwit and for his appearance. Hence the obvious deep seated resentment of "elites", which per Doug's comment, they don't actually define as the wealthiest 1%. To them the "1%" is probably pretty much anyone who's smarter and/or harder working and/or better looking than average.

Only three journalists showed up for Mr. Soknacki’s news conference. The rest of the press gallery was at city hall, having been promised by Councillor Doug Ford, the mayor’s brother, that he would bring David Blaine, the U.S. magician, out to meet reporters.

Reporters waited for an hour, but Mr. Blaine did not appear.

Mr. Soknacki then walked to City Hall where he reprised his news conference for the press corps.

“I must be doing something right if he has to schedule his meeting at the Economic Club when I am speaking at the Board of Trade, and have his magician the same time as my news conference,” Mr. Soknacki said. “If he wants to play games, it’s game on.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ix-as-rob-ford-draws-media-with-david-blaine/

I have a good friend who moves in fairly high circles who was told by a high ranking TPS friend months ago that there were several videos recovered. I've also heard this from a couple of wives of "big law" lawyers as well. It seems to be accepted gossip ;)

Sooner or later someone is going to speculate that a sex tape is among those "several videos".

The guy on the left is a REAL Torontonian. The guy on the right is a WINE SIPPING ELITIST.

And at the end of the day, they are both FUCKING STUPID.

This is from the NP, looks like the fight is on, I hope Soknacki has the stuff to stomp on Ford:

“I must be doing something right if he has to schedule his meeting at the Economic Club when I am speaking at the Board of Trade, and have his magician the same time as my news conference,†Mr. Soknacki said. “If he wants to play games, it’s game on.â€

Love your posts, Jimmi T. You've got great info and a good writing style. Have you ever thought about putting something together on Ford? A book, or a long magazine piece?

+1. Jimmi T I think your point of view coming from your background with RF is valuable, plus you express your thoughts lucidly and persuasively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back