376     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford is worth 50 MILLION! I knew he was rich but I didn't think he was that wealthy. All that money from just a label company, he shares with his family? If just Rob is worth 50 mil, the whole family together must be worth close to a 1/4 billion. Shit, all that, from lousy labels?

I think they screwed up there, although maybe the business is worth that much.

Goldsbie tweeted that Blaine was apparently shooting something for a tv show, and guessed that he wasn't making the mayor look good. Twitterverse is also wondering if the Blaine thing wasn't timed to distract from Soknacki's (sp) announcements.

I think they screwed up there, although maybe the business is worth that much.

Goldsbie tweeted that Blaine was apparently shooting something for a tv show, and guessed that he wasn't making the mayor look good. Twitterverse is also wondering if the Blaine thing wasn't timed to distract from Soknacki's (sp) announcements.

Yeah, comedy from NOW's Ben Spurr:
So reporters just waited around for nothing. Many were diverted from covering David Soknacki's policy announcement.

What something were you waiting for? A rabbit being pulled from a hat and a nice photo op with the mayor you hate?

Ridiculous. You are a JOURNALIST. Doug Ford didn't throw everyone into a van and DIVERT them. You knew both things were going on and you CHOSE to go wait for a magician instead of covering a policy announcement by a serious mayoral candidate. Get your head out of your butt, stop letting Ford mess with your common sense and do your job instead of treating the city like a circus.
Diverted? Please. I'm real sorry for you, Ben, that someone told you a magician was in the house and he didn't do any tricks for you but you can go on Youtube when you get back to the office if you're so hard up.

So reporters just waited around for nothing. Many were diverted from covering David Soknacki's policy announcement.

What something were you waiting for? A rabbit being pulled from a hat and a nice photo op with the mayor you hate?

Ridiculous. You are a JOURNALIST. Doug Ford didn't throw everyone into a van and DIVERT them. You knew both things were going on and you CHOSE to go wait for a magician instead of covering a policy announcement by a serious mayoral candidate. Get your head out of your butt, stop letting Ford mess with your common sense and do your job instead of treating the city like a circus.
Diverted? Please. I'm real sorry for you, Ben, that someone told you a magician was in the house and he didn't do any tricks for you but you can go on Youtube when you get back to the office if you're so hard up.

THIS ^^^^

And I hate that Dougs tactic worked :(

The tone of that article is absurd. First sentence: "The man who orchestrated the infamous Mayor Rob Ford crack video used the same cellphone camera to record a second, shorter video where he gloats over his achievement, sources have revealed to the Toronto Sun."

Orchestrated. Gloats. This is editorializing, pure and simple.
Yep. The tone is "Don't you hate this Somali guy who tried to destroy our city by making the Mayor do drugs?"

Could be that police seized multiple videos but only two are relevant to Sandro's charges? I've spoken with a highly respected source who heard about an entirely different video.
I have a good friend who moves in fairly high circles who was told by a high ranking TPS friend months ago that there were several videos recovered. I've also heard this from a couple of wives of "big law" lawyers as well. It seems to be accepted gossip ;)

THIS x 2. I know journalists are reading this site, and likely some who took the Blaine bait.

"Folks", Ford is a hard job and I know you're trying. BUT YOU FUCKING FAILED TODAY.

Regarding the media and Blaine vs. Soknacki, to be fair, Soknacki's announcement wasn't at City Hall but somewhere else. It's not like he was downstairs and the media chose the magic show over him. Soknacki did show up to CH afterwards and did a scrum. Not EVERY reporter was staked outside the mayor's office.

Last edited:
Regarding the media and Blaine vs. Soknacki, to be fair, Soknacki's announcement wasn't at City Hall but somewhere else. It's not like he was downstairs and the media chose the magic show over him. Soknacki did show up to CH afterwards and did a scrum. Not EVERY reporter was staked outside the mayor's office.

Well, if we're to take Ben Spurr at his word, coverage of Soknacki by these same reporters wasn't contingent on him physically being at City Hall...

Rob Ford is worth 50 MILLION! I knew he was rich but I didn't think he was that wealthy. All that money from just a label company, he shares with his family? If just Rob is worth 50 mil, the whole family together must be worth close to a 1/4 billion. Shit, all that, from lousy labels?

It's not about money, it's about wine...

ddale8 2:37pm via Web
Doug on why the Fords aren't part of the 1%: "We don’t have a bunch of wine-sipping elitists coming to our parties. That’s the difference.”

The warrants may only deal with videos related to Ford, specifically. A video with other people in it may fall under a different investigation.

Video was recovered via Brazen 2 warrants, no? Is anybody fully clear as to what the parameters of that investigation actually are? IIRC, the TPS has never actually defined them.

Was it a respected judge, or just that douchebag rent-a-judge who Frank D'Angelo, that corrupt OPP cop and that corrupt former crown attorney (and current Lisi defence counsel) bribed? Cuz if it was that (latter) guy, things start to fall into place.

The judge was John Hamilton. And he basically said D'angelo was 'probably guilty' but there was no incontrovertible proof. So he was acquitted. As for Basile and Rutigliano (who was busted for conspiracy and obstruction, along with Frankie), was there an actual confirmed bribe?

That said, this is a very astute observation. And it would make some kind of sense.

I am surprised the Sun isn't written in crayon, Gah what happened to society? Why is it that this type of journalism is allowed to happen?

Yeah the Sun is crap, yellow journalism with a naked bias and bad writing, but it's 'allowed to happen' because that's what free expression's all about. And if a market exists for their tripe, barring major libel or such , one expects they should fully continue on their merry way. Which is as it should be.

I wish you all drunk stupors and enough to eat at home on this special day.

1620739_10153867105285235_879180975_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1620739_10153867105285235_879180975_n.jpg
    1620739_10153867105285235_879180975_n.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 510

Doug on why the Fords aren't part of the 1%: "We don’t have a bunch of wine-sipping elitists coming to our parties. That’s the difference.”

my god he's such a vile asshole.

Doug on why the Fords aren't part of the 1%: "We don’t have a bunch of wine-sipping elitists coming to our parties. That’s the difference.â€

right... they just have wine-guzzling people...

Ford said he shared “a couple bottles†or “a couple of litres†of wine with his wife.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2010/08/19/go_ahead_take_me_to_jail_rob_ford_told_police.html

I guess, depending who they are, if a bunch of other people get dragged in with Ford, his reputation among his true believers might take a hit. If it turns out he's been getting coked up with a judge and other "well-connected figures," it might be harder for him to sustain his reputation as a man of the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back