114     1 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 248     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 354     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though Christy Clark benefited from his help (I guess)

That was more like an 'own goal' by Dix and Co., though the sleaze n' FUD machine Kouvalis and Ciano pulled out was *impressive*. But, hey, it's politics after all, and most are 'in it to win it' and maybe he's got the ways and means to do so. There is no doubt he has 'won' and may continue to do so, but the tolerance for his antics, I sense, are wearing thin even amongst those who might benefit from such.

"Anti-Mafia prosecutors in Italy probing a powerful international crime network say they have uncovered the new face of the Mafia in Toronto, alleging there are seven dominant mob families in the city, each with a boss who sits on an influential board of control."

"The Italian authorities allege that the seven primary ‘Ndrangheta families in the Toronto area are led by: Vincenzo Tavernese, 44, of Thornhill; Cosimo Figliomeni, 45, of Vaughan;Antonio Coluccio, 40, of Richmond Hill; Cosimo Commisso, of Toronto; Angelino Figliomeni, 47, of Woodbridge; Vincenzo “Jimmy†DeMaria, 56, of Mississauga; and Domenic Ruso, 65, of Brampton."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/24/a-new-mafia-crime-families-ruling-toronto-italy-alleges/

hmmmm... the commisso family had (has?) supermarkets, which do house a lot of products with labels and tags...

How likely is it that the Fords hired Kouvalis to encourage and work Tory's campaign further watering down the vote?

Remember the haunted city hall interview?

Rob Ford encouraging people to run against him and to stay in till the end? It has definitely been a strategy they have thought about.

But seriously... do you remember Halloween with Rob????? :)

The announcement could be a bait and switch distraction.
Did you hear anything else?
Is Kouvalis working with anyone else?

Not that I know of. I just know there's supposedly bad blood between the two.

I'm not an insider by any means nor do I have access to much info...just one guy, and just a little here and there. I would consider it pretty reliable, though.

Vincenzo TAVERNESE.......tavernese.......ta..ver..ne.........se"........taverne....se.

Say it slower over and over!

Ancestry.com please........or am I looking at a coinkydink! (Btw, I don't believe in coinkydinks)

Not that I know of. I just know there's supposedly bad blood between the two.

I'm not an insider by any means nor do I have access to much info...just one guy, and just a little here and there. I would consider it pretty reliable, though.

The shots Kouvalis took at Tory in 2010 alone make it seem peculiar.
But then it's hardly news that politics makes for strange bedfellows.

Kouvalis' dirty tricks played a big part in Ford's 2010 campaign and now no real campaign people will work with Rob. Read Doolittle's description of what the campaign was like before Kouvalis swept in and you can imagine what Doug "I Don't Know Where Rob Is But He's Definitely Not Drinking" Ford has going on these days. Pre-taped Youtube videos with fake questions and gay bashing do not a coherent campaign make. IT's been amateur hour so far and it seems to me they're not so much trying to win over new people as hold on to their rump base for dear life.

It's not surprising there are solid campaign people lining up to a) get behind a real candidate b) be behind the man (or woman!) who takes Ford down. Far be it from me to speculate that Kouvalis actually has a human soul but it would be nice to think that taking someone like Tory into the chair in which Ford now sits would be a kind of repentance.

I read a few last pages of this thread and I am surprised at all the negativity towards Rob Ford. He proved to be a courageous person and politician who is not afraid to state his opinion and what is even more rare - working hard on delivering his election promises. He has been fighting against greedy unions, wasteful spending of city money and raising taxes.

His was not afraid to state his opinion related to LGBT community, and I can only applaud his courage and his position. Indeed, not bending backwards to please minorities doesn't mean you hate them, it just means you have your own preferences and you stick to them.

Yes, his personal life may not be ideal, but that's not why he was elected. He was doing his job, and doing it much better then most of the politicians. You can read more about his specific activities and achievement on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Ford

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........cough.......hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

He's just misunderstood! Poor little dude:)

Ford's good ol' buddy Warmington stirs the pot again on his Newstalk radio show--

dreahouston 10:47pm via Twitter for iPhone
Warmington: "What Toronto is doing is saying they like the promotion of homosexuality to minors."

Kir, I suggest you read through the thread if you don't think people on here are already well aware of Rob Ford's policies and activities at city hall.

And I would respect Rob Ford much more if he'd just come out and say he doesn't like LGBT people, doesn't agree with their lifestyles, and won't support them as mayor -- he would be vile, but at least he'd be honest. Instead, he's chosen to spread disinformation about the purpose of the courtesy flagpole to make it seem like the Canadian flag was taken down to make room for the Pride one.

As for claims he's "working hard" -- this is a fairy tale. Rob Ford shows up to work between noon and 3:30 on a good day.

In terms of his policies, look no further than the fact that Ford has recently claimed that he wants to reverse the Metropass price hike, get rid of the Land Transfer Tax, and keep property tax increases under 2% all while building subways subways subways. After 4 years of hunting for gravy, what is Ford going to cut to make this possible? His only suggestion so far is decreasing number of managers in city government and cutting council in half... that would add up to maybe a percent of what we'd lose from the land transfer tax alone.

Ford is selling you a fairy tale and hoping you're dumb enough to buy into it.

I read a few last pages of this thread and I am surprised at all the negativity towards Rob Ford. He proved to be a courageous person and politician who is not afraid to state his opinion and what is even more rare - working hard on delivering his election promises. He has been fighting against greedy unions, wasteful spending of city money and raising taxes.

His was not afraid to state his opinion related to LGBT community, and I can only applaud his courage and his position. Indeed, not bending backwards to please minorities doesn't mean you hate them, it just means you have your own preferences and you stick to them.

Yes, his personal life may not be ideal, but that's not why he was elected. He was doing his job, and doing it much better then most of the politicians. You can read more about his specific activities and achievement on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Ford

You know, I hadn't thought about it that way. I think now that you've pointed out how great and honest Rob Ford is, we're all really embarrassed about giving him such a hard time. Thank you for the Wikipedia link. A lot of great information there about how honest and hard-working Rob is. Seriously, thanks for clearing up all our misconceptions about this very misunderstood and unfairly treated man.

Ford's good ol' buddy Warmington stirs the pot again on his Newstalk radio show--

dreahouston 10:47pm via Twitter for iPhone
Warmington: "What Toronto is doing is saying they like the promotion of homosexuality to minors."

And yet there's no connection to what's going on in Russia? Simply flying the rainbow flag is being perceived by Warmington (and since he's Ford's mouthpiece obviously this is the line Ford is going with) as promoting homosexuality to minors (which really needs to be a whole conversation on it's own, because really being gay isn't a choice, and if anything it will make children feel more comfortable with who they are). Kind of like Russia's anti-gay propaganda law. I am so angry right now I can barely freaking type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back