754     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not aware that addicts had "minor setbacks", you have to start at square one again. I do wonder how manny "minor setbacks" there will be before the election.

I think it is time to call Wynne and have recall powers put in the City of Toronto Act.

Anyway, one of the powers Titular Mayor Ford still has is representing the City of Toronto, internally and externally. I guess Robbie does not understand the idea of always representing Toronto in public; there is only private time at home.

Last edited:
It seems like he can handle something large like a minivan or SUV pretty well. It's the little things he has trouble with ... like cellphones.

Does he really not realize when he's being filmed/watched, or does he just not care?

Based on the angle and orientation of the shots I'd say he had no idea - but if I were Mayor of Toronto I'd assume that I'm always being watched and likely video'd....

Are they trying to scoop Doolittle?

I'd say so, in a manner of speaking. It's not uncommon in the news business to try to run a "spoiler" if you know a competitor is about to do something big, which I imagine the Star will be doing with the launch of Robyn Doolittle's book (excerpts, exclusives etc.) Whatever they run, I don't think it will be as rich in detail as what Doolittle has. I guess we'll see in the morning.

Last edited:
Based on the angle and orientation of the shots I'd say he had no idea - but if I were Mayor of Toronto I'd assume that I'm always being watched and likely video'd....

That's the thing: he has no concept of being the 'face' of Toronto, even in his private time.

He's either on massive doses of niacin or he's just popped some amyl nitrate. Come to think of it...he's probably having a heart attack....

Given his stimulant use, I'd say he most definitely has heart problems. He's probably suffered tachycardia during his episodes. Not to mention, cocaine is cardiotoxic. (Though, given that meth is neurotoxic, maybe he IS doing meth as well ;) )

I just heard his latest excuse about everyone "having bumps in the road" once in a while, regarding Monday's episode.
Right, I can think of 2.6 million people for who HE IS the bump in the road.

Oh, he also does great work for the people of this city. I'd hate to see what him doing shitty work would look like.

I can't stand to listen to him talk anymore. It makes my head hurt and my meals feel like escaping.

A little late but I'm going to call bulshit on Robbie's 810 pound leg press for 20 reps. First of all I doubt the city hall gym is equipped with a machine that can hold ten plus plates on either side. I belong to one commercial gym and one weight lifting gym and there is no way anyone is getting 810 pounds on the commercial gym rack. I'll confirm tomorrow but I don't think you could get more than six plates on the commercial gym rack. I have no idea about the weights lifting gym because no one bothers with leg presses so there is no rack. They squat. If, big if, for some reason city hall is equipped to handle that weight I guarantee Robbie did one eighth range of motion, which is obviously no big deal. Besides, we all know Robbie likes to round up when it benefits him.

Also....
http://gawker.com/5890472/do-not-brag-about-your-leg-press-sucka

Well, mostly, he'd have a heart attack if he tried leg pressing that much weight for 20 reps.....for 5 reps even.

Hours before events of inebriated video, Rob Ford told ethnic media he had quit drinking

On Monday evening Mayor Rob Ford sat down at city hall to speak with members of the ethnic media in Toronto. About 40 editors from newspapers that cater to the Chinese, Polish, Russian, Filipino, Sri Lankan, Eritrean and Caribbean communities, along with four television crews, met with him from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Reporters peppered him with questions about subways, parking, pollution and the mayor’s own challenges with drugs and alcohol.

The mayor told the assembled three times that he has quit drinking, has lost 40 lbs, and apologized for past indiscretions, say those who were there.

Then, Monday night, after leaving city hall, the mayor went out and got inebriated and showed up on YouTube, ranting and raving about the police chief in Jamaican patois. Coming just hours after the mayor’s vows to stay sober, his latest actions have left Thomas Saras, chief executive of the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada, feeling “highly disappointed.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-ford-told-ethnic-media-he-had-quit-drinking/

Now I'm reminded of Denzil Washington's character in Flight, where he plays a high-functioning alcoholic pilot, who uses cocaine to "balance" himself out.

No doubt. Cocaine and alcohol have a wonderful simbiosys. The two actually combine to create a different chemical whose effects are almost nothing like being drunk.

Last edited:
I love how he always has the complexion of the Cleveland Indians logo.
When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. The pink to red face is probably built on a baseline of good old rosacea. Heat, stress, cold, and all sorts of things can make you flush even more, and the lighting of a room can really make you look a lot redder, too. (Rosacea runs in my family, so I'm well acquainted with it. I have a picture of one of my cousins entering a room lit with fluorescent lights: his face looked even redder than Ford's even though he was stone-cold sober.)

But I can certainly believe that Ford gets even redder -- and sweatier -- when he's drinking. Many people do, and people with rosacea even more so.

Anyway, I was actually robo-polled tonight by Forum Research. I downvoted Ford's job performance and was pretty emphatic that I wouldn't be voting for him. They asked about several slates of 3-5 candidates, including various permutations of Ford, Chow, Tory, Stintz, and Soknacki. Do they typically turn these polls around overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back