570     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 365     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 204     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we recently pass a by-law to increase the tree canopy above streets and parks.

I wonder if this contributed to the number of branches that should have been removed, but were left precariously above hydro wires waiting for the right opportunity to come crashing to the ground - and taking the wires with them.

Another example of Ford's incompetence and short term thinking.

To be fair, I'm not willing to lay blame on Ford for the tree canopy bylaw. I even think that might have been a Miller-era initiative. It wouldn't have mattered that much in the course of a few years, unless hydro specifically stopped or cut back its tree pruning program as a result of it (rather than cost-cutting, for example).

Why are we looking for someone to blame? Mother nature can kick our ass and will continue to kick our asses, no matter who is the mayor.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from Doug Ford yet. Where is he to brag about his heroic achievements? Maybe in a few days we'll hear about how he had 80 families staying at his house.

I'm watching the mayor on CP24 right now and these are the type of press conferences that he can tolerate. Let the professionals do the talking. He knows the media won't go off topic and ask him a question about crack or Lisi or whatever. In terms of asking what Ford has done, what if he had done more? He would have been criticized for it as grandstanding. If Miller had been on the street directing traffic, he would have been applauded. But if Rob was doing it, he would have been laughed at and criticized. We all know that to be true.

Right. Not true. can you let us know a single thing Ford has actually done? Anything at all to help this situation? Rob Ford directing traffic? Come on! The reason why Ford is seen as such a horrible low rent mayor, is because he is. We expect much better from actual smart people, like David Miller. We expect sfa from Ford. But please, do let us know what he has done, except grandstand? I'm interested.

To be fair, I'm not willing to lay blame on Ford for the tree canopy bylaw. I even think that might have been a Miller-era initiative. It wouldn't have mattered that much in the course of a few years, unless hydro specifically stopped or cut back its tree pruning program as a result of it (rather than cost-cutting, for example).

Hydro has stopped pruning the overhanging branches, I used to see them regularly, haven't seen any trucks in years. Nearly every house on my street has branches overhanging the power lines. Penny wise, pound foolish?

Hydro has stopped pruning the overhanging branches, I used to see them regularly, haven't seen any trucks in years. Nearly every house on my street has branches overhanging the power lines. Penny wise, pound foolish?

Probably for the better, as their pruning was more a hack job that weakened and shorten a tree's life. Any Professional arborist can attest to that.

This is exactly what's happening, those people just aren't *quite* bright or rather observant enough to figure out who's really fucking them. They're legitimately pissed but unable to articulate why.

Damnit, this is the third time this picture will have been posted in this thread:

whyivoterepublican.jpg

Why are we looking for someone to blame? Mother nature can kick our ass and will continue to kick our asses, no matter who is the mayor.

We are living in an incredibly complex time. With climate change, 'Mother Nature' will become increasingly volatile and unpredictable.
We need leaders with vision, new ideas, compassion, wisdom and street smarts. Rob Ford has none of these.
No one is blaming Ford for the storm. Just the way it was handled afterwards.

I emailed him and he said it satirical. So much of it looked legit while other parts looked made up but when it comes to Ford's behaviour, how many times have our jaws dropped at his words and actions?

Are you serious? You had to ask Fiorito if it was for real or not? There were, uh, several of giveaways...

I said I didn’t have anything, if he was looking to buy, and I didn’t want anything if he was looking to sell.

I relented. “Want a pork chop?” He said, “I’ve got enough to eat at home.” I made a sour face.

Ford was greeted by some cold angry residents of TCH, they wanted heat, he held a bbq and gave them hamburgers instead.

Don't forget the military helicopters which would have been called in to guard our airspace and shoot down Santa and his reindeer the moment they showed up.
NORAD probably thought of that, hence the inclusion of jet fighters in its Santa Tracker.

Fortunately, we know that it is just a prerecorded video.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
View attachment 21189

The more that RoFo becomes a popular cultural meme, the more that people could forget that he is a terrible mayor!

Luckily, this is not a real toy.

Edit to add: more merchanidse http://www.blogto.com/fashion_style/2013/12/the_best_and_worst_of_rob_ford_merch/
And yesterday, I saw someone had posted on twitter a t-shirt that read: It's not an emergency. It's a drunken stupor.

NE: So this is what many Torontonians think of Mayor Rob Ford as we end 2013 - it is almost as bad as those bobble heads...
I know that this is not a real toy-but who knows what may become of this idea - when there is a will there is a way...LI MIKE

P.S. A belated Holiday Greeting to all here at UT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back