2.3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 646     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This third annual Signature Sites series event is hosted by the City of Toronto in conjunction with event partners Build Toronto, Invest Toronto and the Toronto Port Lands Company.

Oh that holy trifeca. Speaking of which, we still haven't quite gotten to the bottom of that sole-sourced TPLC contract.

AoD

From a recent post on Reddit:

"OH MY GOD. I KNOW this guy. THIS F*CKING GUY. His name is Valerio and he is the biggest fucking bodybuilding douchebag Toronto has to offer. He owns some shitty fitness company and makes terrible Affliction-style t-shirts to go along with it. He clings to "big name" bodybuilders like Jay Cutler (if you can call that a "big name", nobody outside the fitness industry knows who these people are) in order to get his own name and business out there more. He and the people he hangs around are absolutely stereotypical in their behaviour, going out to clubs with girls like in those photos, doing blow all night long (I would know, my ex was providing it to them sometimes), and using/buying/selling steroids constantly. Valerio himself is on juice 24/7 and I'm sure he uses a host of other recreational drugs, GhB comes to mind as one these douchebags love."

Sort of a moot point since he was convicted of dealing in steroids in Las Vegas. http://www.justice.gov/usao/nv/news/2005/11012005.html

For what it is worth, I have met him before. Other wise normal guy except for the drugs part.

The whole weed thing is such an annoying distraction - the worst bit isn't use of marijuana but the involvement of criminal elements in the distribution of it, and how that relates to the mayor. The substance itself is such a non-issue.

AoD

The whole weed thing is such an annoying distraction - the worst bit isn't use of marijuana but the involvement of criminal elements in the distribution of it, and how that relates to the mayor. The substance itself is such a non-issue.

AoD
That's actually why I had posted it this morning. If I'd lost my cell phone, I wouldn't expect to have to barter drugs to get it back, especially from people I know. Obviously Rob and/or Lisi knew where the phone was and who had it, so once again, the company Rob keeps is less than stellar. Does he actually spend time with anyone who isn't sketchy?

That's actually why I had posted it this morning. If I'd lost my cell phone, I wouldn't expect to have to barter drugs to get it back, especially from people I know. Obviously Rob and/or Lisi knew where the phone was and who had it, so once again, the company Rob keeps is less than stellar. Does he actually spend time with anyone who isn't sketchy?

Apparently not.

AoD
But how did a criminal get a medical marijuana license that allowed him to legally have a pretty large grow op?

There is something extremely fishy there. Influence or bribes were involved for sure.

When I went there around the mid-90s it was known as second chance high because all the druggies who dropped out or were kicked out of other schools would go there for there last few semesters. Sandro went there after things didn't work out at Richview. But I hear it's been cleaned up since becoming the "entrepreneurial academy".

Isn't that the same thing they did at Vaughn Collegiate?

When I went there around the mid-90s it was known as second chance high because all the druggies who dropped out or were kicked out of other schools would go there for there last few semesters. Sandro went there after things didn't work out at Richview. But I hear it's been cleaned up since becoming the "entrepreneurial academy".

That's exactly right. I went to Martingrove and I remember all my former drugged out school mates from middle school would end up en masse at Scarlett. No offence but it was widely regarded as a white trash school

But how did a criminal get a medical marijuana license that allowed him to legally have a pretty large grow op?

There is something extremely fishy there. Influence or bribes were involved for sure.

I think the current rules re: medical marijuana isn't that tight in the first place, with no restriction to the number of plants if I remember correctly.

AoD

I seem to recall reading in the news that somebody's relative works in the health department. Does anyone else remember that or am I just dreaming that up?

I think the current rules re: medical marijuana isn't that tight in the first place, with no restriction to the number of plants if I remember correctly.

AoD

I recall reading somewhere that they are tightening up who can grow and for whom. I think everyone with a license to have it has to be registered to a grower after a certain date if/when this either passes/or becomes enacted. I don't think restrictions or conditions have been that tight up until now.

Despite what the media has saying about A. Smith's murder being the result of a dispute, the number of phone calls between Ford and Lisi the next day, combined with the photo and Lisi's contact with the gang members who have since been arrested, looks incredibly suspicious. That's why I just can't move away from the idea that there's a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back