2.4K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 650     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeDrew is actually grilling him a bit here.

I wish he had gone further on the Ainslie mime and mentioned Ford's DUI.

And it's so creepy how Doug just sits there during these interviews.

Staying on the criminality angle.

How many drug dealers would openly hang out with a personality who is constantly photographed and or in the media's eyes?

It's alleged Lisi provided Slob with substances. Does anyone believe that Lisi is just a street level dealer?

Discuss!

I think that's more on Rob Ford. Lisi probably would have understood if RoFo had said he didn't want them seen together, but RoFo likes to be the guy who sticks with his buddies. Look at how he's still defending the Bassos. He's proud of his loyalty. He's the guy who stays your friend even if you went down the wrong path in life.

It's actually not a bad trait... provided you don't also go down the "wrong path" (as Robbie did :p) and maybe make more of an effort to "straighten out" your friends (rather than becoming their client).

Is someone keeping a matrix of Ford's repetitive talking points?

-I'm only human, nobody's perfect, I haven't met a perfect person
-I've been straight as an arrow for 13 years; never missed a council meeting
-Sure I have scandals but I'll never have a financial scandal with taxpayer's money (unless you count giving raises to brand new staffers, buying drugs during work hours etc.)
-Let the voters decide October 27
-Talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words.
-I can't talk about Sandro Lisi in anyway because it's before the courts (LeDrew at least pointed out "your friendship isn't before the courts")
-I take pictures with everyone
-The Toronto Star sucks
-One isolated incident
-I want to see the video. Anytime anywhere. In the meantime, how can I tell you what I remember about it?

Every time, exact same words. Does he not realize all these videos are being aired everywhere? That people can see him repeating himself senselessly? Yeah, I know the answer...

Also, always wearing a bad tie.

For a second there, I thought maybe Ledrew was going to ask him, if the house isn't a crack house and he doesn't know the people in the picture, what are they all doing there at the same time?

Matt Lauer is the only one who bumped him off message at all. It's like talking to a 5-year-old who stays on message not out of intelligence but out of sheer bullheadedness.
If Ford was a real man he'd do the interviews without his big brother. Just the worst, always.

Last edited:
Staying on the criminality angle.

How many drug dealers would openly hang out with a personality who is constantly photographed and or in the media's eyes?

It's alleged Lisi provided Slob with substances. Does anyone believe that Lisi is just a street level dealer?

Discuss!

I am pretty convinced that he knows a few people that know a few people but as far as being a "made man" as was suggested...RIDICULOUS!!! He would not mess with this penny ante shit if he was. Period.

Rob just claimed he didn't know Lisi 2 years ago. Didn't he write a reference letter stating he worked on his campaign 3 years ago? Not another lie Rob, oh dear.

I think that's more on Rob Ford. Lisi probably would have understood if RoFo had said he didn't want them seen together, but RoFo likes to be the guy who sticks with his buddies. Look at how he's still defending the Bassos. He's proud of his loyalty. He's the guy who stays your friend even if you went down the wrong path in life.

It's actually not a bad trait... provided you don't also go down the "wrong path" (as Robbie did :p) and maybe make more of an effort to "straighten out" your friends (rather than becoming their client).

No, in that area, all you have is your word and your honour. Screw one and screw the other. People don't value money and all that crap. It is a weird sort of culture. Everyone in that area is very good at randomly checking new people and deeming them trustworthy or not. Your survival depends on it. The problem is Robbie gets "effed up" and his judgement lapses. Fatal error.

Rob keeps saying "I have not been criminally charged" over and over. Hopefully if he says it five times, the police will pull a Candyman and pop out from behind the mirror to arrest his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back