2.4K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 653     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Price is staying on as a member of Ford's staff. Glad that valuable part of the team will continue his duties. Everything is fine, guys!

Which Ford? Apparently he spends most of his time in Councillor Ford's office, which if proven means his pay should come out of the councillor's budget.

Mammo's on cp24 talking about how he thought the mayor was "high" in council last week because he went from hyper to mellow within a few minutes. Hmmm, wonder if Ford might have been popping benzos instead of alcohol (which can be prescribed for withdrawal).

It was last Thursday, I saw it too. He was quite red in the face, his eyes were different, erratic behaviour and slurring his words (really noticable at the elevator upon leaving).

Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.
[video=youtube;hNm4gCkMatU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNm4gCkMatU[/video]
I can't find the one shot from a better angle, but at least near the beginning of this one, you can see he is the happy drunk Rob: red faced, shaking hands, and smiling when people are screaming 'Shame' at him.
I would doubt he has quit anything except living in consensual reality.

He's just so pleased with the chaos and division that he has caused.

Those expectations may exist, but they are unfair. A person who talks to the police greatly increases their chances of being tried and convicted, regardless of stature. If you watch the video you'll see how easy it is to incriminate oneself accidentally, even if innocent.

Be that as it may, it's still a tad incongruous (to say the least) for a culturally conservative, right wing, pro-cop, anti-crime Mayor who's wrapped himself in the flag of Law 'N' Order to decline to assist the police with inquiries concerning actual criminality. At the very least, he should have his fat face rubbed in this blatant double standard at every opportunity.

I would hazzard a guess that Robbie needs to reduce his fat consumption, mostly saturated fats. I would suggest that Robbie start to sightly increase his protein level (mostly non-redmeat), reduce his carbs gradually, but starting small. I would also have him start taking vitamin D, B12, and Calcium to start, this would help the immune system, and shore up the system against the stress of change in meal plan and exorsize plan.

Saturated fats, when consumed as part of a diet comprised mostly of whole foods, are not the problem. Rob has an obvious sensitivity to refined carbs and would do well to avid anything made from white flour or refined sugar. If he sticks to a diet of mostly whole foods, i.e. a variety of fresh, meats, vegetables, moderate fruit, nuts, eggs, etc, he will regulate his insulin surges and have an easier time controlling his appetite and weight. Exercise is only a supplement to a healthy eating plan.

The idea that saturated fats cause heart disease or obesity is outdated, based on flawed science, and was never conclusively proven. It was just accepted as fact and gave food manufacturers carte blanche to start producing "food-like" substances that promised "low fat!" and "low cholesterol!" while making us sicker than ever. Fat does not make you fat. Eating cholesterol does not give you high cholesterol. Problems with overweight and the diseases it spurns, such as diabetes and cancer, are mostly the result of a diet that is too high in processed and refined foods. Just eliminating or cutting back on soda and bread would be a great start.

He was drinking "something" out of an opaque plastic cup. You are assuming it was water. Hardcore alcoholics I've known mix vodka into their water cups, say 5 ounces of vodka and the rest is water in a 16 ounce cup. At that dilution the odor is negligible.

Ford hasn't stopped boozing at all.

Some hardcore alcoholics drink mouth wash. No odour problems! Maybe someone can do a smell test to see if he's minty fresh ;)

Saturated fats, when consumed as part of a diet comprised mostly of whole foods, are not the problem. Rob has an obvious sensitivity to refined carbs and would do well to avid anything made from white flour or refined sugar. If he sticks to a diet of mostly whole foods, i.e. a variety of fresh, meats, vegetables, moderate fruit, nuts, eggs, etc, he will regulate his insulin surges and have an easier time controlling his appetite and weight. Exercise is only a supplement to a healthy eating plan.

The idea that saturated fats cause heart disease or obesity is outdated, based on flawed science, and was never conclusively proven. It was just accepted as fact and gave food manufacturers carte blanche to start producing "food-like" substances that promised "low fat!" and "low cholesterol!" while making us sicker than ever. Fat does not make you fat. Eating cholesterol does not give you high cholesterol. Problems with overweight and the diseases it spurns, such as diabetes and cancer, are mostly the result of a diet that is too high in processed and refined foods. Just eliminating or cutting back on soda and bread would be a great start.

Yeah bread and soda for sure!!
Also he needs to burn more calories than he puts in his body. Plus make sure he is eating enough protein. Balance. Plain and simple.

To be fair, not talking to the police is absolutely reasonable, and recommended for anyone. You might've seen this video, entitled "Don't Talk to Police." It's American, but it mostly applies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Yes, but it's interesting his lawyer ("the best criminal lawyer in Canada") didn't advise him something like, "It's not in my interests to speak with police right now," but rather, as Rob has said, "Not to talk to police." That's awful definitive. It's 100% his right and reasonable but given the situation in he's in, and that he's a public figure it's absolutely horrible optics. Obviously the optics aren't something with which he especially concerns himself.

And I'm surprised everyone is mocking David Price and asking what he does. It's logistics, people ! Logistics!

Yes, but it's interesting his lawyer ("the best criminal lawyer in Canada") didn't advise him something like, "It's not in my interests to speak with police right now," but rather, as Rob has said, "Not to talk to police." That's awful definitive. It's 100% his right and reasonable but given the situation in he's in, and that he's a public figure it's absolutely horrible optics. Obviously the optics aren't something with which he especially concerns himself.

And I'm surprised everyone is mocking David Price and asking what he does. It's logistics, people ! Logistics!

I'd chalk that up to Rob Ford's gift for malapropisms and phrase-mangling. "If you've sinned you can cast the first stone." I agree that your version of the non-cooperation statement is what he should be saying instead.

Those expectations may exist, but they are unfair. A person who talks to the police greatly increases their chances of being tried and convicted, regardless of stature. If you watch the video you'll see how easy it is to incriminate oneself accidentally, even if innocent.

I agree. And I'm fairly sure that if I'd admitted to smoking crack and had been tailed by the cops, I too would respectfully decline their invitation to chat, no matter what else I did or didn't do.

From the city's manager of elections services:

In addition to what Linh has advised, the rules for candidates who are also television personalities are prescribed by the Canadian Radio and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC). In some cases a politician may be considered an on-air personality. This is what the CRTC website says on the issue:

"On-air personalities are people who are seen or heard on radio, TV or community programming channels. Even if the person's voice is only heard as a commercial announcer, that person is still considered to be an on-air personality.
If an on-air personality becomes a candidate in a political election, his/her on-air duties must stop:
· as soon as his/her candidacy is announced
OR
· once the election is officially called, whichever is later
In these cases, on-air personalities who become candidates must go off the air. On-air personalities enjoy unique public exposure, and broadcasters aren't able to offer other candidates similar on-air opportunities."

So being on TV makes you immune to laws pertaining to being on TV, apparently. At least by this elections manager's interpretation. How becoming a celebrity by being in office makes you unaccountable to laws that to me would seem to be geared toward people who were already celebrities who have decided to run for office is beyond me. Argh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back