711     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the funk does that even exist?! Bobble heads are terrible at the best of times.

The thing I find really ironic is that the proceeds are going to the United Way, an organization which through community support and outreach, attempts to curtail youth from being involved with drugs or gangs...two illegal trades of which Rob Ford has been fuelling through his drug use and criminal associates.

So buy a bobblehead of Rob Ford, to help undo the damage Rob Ford has yielded on this city.

And now it looks like he IS walking. Can you please share who you sent this to? I'm definitely going to add my voice to yours.

I sent a note to info@thesantaclausparade.ca

I received a response saying the Mayor would not be walking this year, just as new info came to light contradicting that claim. I have asked for clarity from the organizers, and reasserted my original point if Ford were allowed to participate.

If anything, I'd imagine Doug-o was the one to give the marching orders here. He's certainly capable of sending goons to assault people (or worse), IMO. But that doesn't necessarily mean his idiot younger brother was unaware of the surrounding ugliness or that he disagreed with it. Rather the reverse, I'd imagine.

Thug (to Lisi): "We want that tape back! Get it by any means necessary!"

Slob: "Uh, yeah! What he said! Burrrrp! Any more chips?"

Rocky_and_Mugsy.jpg

Ford wears the chain of office, without showing respect for its dignity
The Globe and Mail

Mayor Rob Ford’s appearance at Toronto’s Remembrance Day ceremony on Monday while wearing the chain of office was a sneer at the people of his city. It is now obvious that Mr. Ford has either no respect for, or no understanding of, the office he holds. If he did, he would not still be decorating himself with a symbol of everything he has failed to be or stand for.

“The Mayor wears the Chain of Office,” according to the City of Toronto’s website, “as a mark of pride in the city in which we live. It also acknowledges the responsibilities, authority and dignity which are attached to the office of the Chief Magistrate.”

Pride, responsibility, authority and dignity. We have some questions for you, Mr. Ford:

On pride: Thanks to your actions, Toronto is mocked around the world as the city with the lying, crack-smoking mayor, whose confession to hard-drug use came as the result of a police investigation. That investigation produced an encyclopedia of your mysterious meetings and relationships with a cast of suspected and convicted criminals. In what way has this enhanced Torontonians’ pride in their city?

On responsibility: Do you believe the chief magistrate should uphold laws and bylaws in an exemplary manner? Do you believe that a chief magistrate who suspects or becomes aware of illegal activity should contact the police?

On authority: Do you believe a mayor who lies about using hard drugs while in office has the moral authority to call for the firing of a city employee accused of napping at his or her desk, as you did?

On dignity: You smoked crack and lied about it. While “extremely, extremely inebriated,” you ranted about wanting to murder someone. You’ve been publicly intoxicated – “hammered” – on multiple occasions. How do these actions represent the dignity of the office you hold?

That you’re still wearing the chain of office is bad enough. That you would wear it to a ceremony honouring men and women who put their lives on the line for their country is appalling. The idea of showing respect for the office may not mean much to you, Mr. Ford, but it means something to the rest of us.

Ford wears the chain of office, without showing respect for its dignity - The Globe and Mail

Ford wears the chain of office, without showing respect for its dignity
The Globe and Mail

Pride, responsibility, authority and dignity. We have some questions for you, Mr. Ford:

On pride: Thanks to your actions, Toronto is mocked around the world as the city with the lying, crack-smoking mayor, whose confession to hard-drug use came as the result of a police investigation. That investigation produced an encyclopedia of your mysterious meetings and relationships with a cast of suspected and convicted criminals. In what way has this enhanced Torontonians’ pride in their city?

On responsibility: Do you believe the chief magistrate should uphold laws and bylaws in an exemplary manner? Do you believe that a chief magistrate who suspects or becomes aware of illegal activity should contact the police?

On authority: Do you believe a mayor who lies about using hard drugs while in office has the moral authority to call for the firing of a city employee accused of napping at his or her desk, as you did?

On dignity: You smoked crack and lied about it. While “extremely, extremely inebriated,” you ranted about wanting to murder someone. You’ve been publicly intoxicated – “hammered” – on multiple occasions. How do these actions represent the dignity of the office you hold?

Ford wears the chain of office, without showing respect for its dignity - The Globe and Mail

Perfect in it's focus. This is the approach (and the tone of questioning) council needs to harness for Wednesday's showdown with the mayor. It may be an uncomfortable confrontation, but the people of this city will accept nothing less.

Perfect in it's focus. This is the approach (and the tone of questioning) council needs to harness for Wednesday's showdown with the mayor. It may be an uncomfortable confrontation, but the people of this city will accept nothing less.

We can only hope that it is a REAL confrontation. The gloves have to come off for real this time.

He has to be FORCED to account for those meetings and those manila envelopes. That is far and away the biggest thing in their arsenal, because he can't say "sorry i was drunk" & "i've made mistakes" etc. about those. Council needs to push him--hard and repeatedly: what is in those envelopes? Drugs or money?

This past week alone, Brant House and Jacobs restaurant got firebombed with molotov cocktails and an undetonated pipe bomb was placed at another venue on King St. as a warning.
Huh? I work directly above Brant House and this is the first I've heard of a firebombing. Has this been reported anywhere?

Huh? I work directly above Brant House and this is the first I've heard of a firebombing. Has this been reported anywhere?

I live behind Brant House and I didn't hear anything. It happened around 4 or 5am last weekend. I noticed tonight that Brant House installed a fireproof iron door behind their glass door.

He's DISAPPOINTED that the Mayor won't be walking in the parade? Are you kidding me???? As a parent the LAST person I want in the Santa Clause parade is a man who admitted to crack use and used being in a drunken stupor as an excuse! I am dumbfounded.

They're letting Ford march to take the pressure off their decision to let Lisi play Santa. At least he's bringing his own snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back