279     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 399     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a pretty good piece on CNN. They interviewed George Smitherman!
And went up to Jane and Finch to show the Somalian community.

It was amazing how much territory they covered in what was probably less than a 10 minute segment. This is what professional news organizations can do - quite a contrast to the amateurish CBC report from last Friday.

Decent editorial in the Globe regarding Remembrance Day focusing not only on the crack angle, but also on the criminality of his actions as per the police investigation:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...wing-respect-for-its-dignity/article15380462/

On pride: Thanks to your actions, Toronto is mocked around the world as the city with the lying, crack-smoking mayor, whose confession to hard-drug use came as the result of a police investigation. That investigation produced an encyclopedia of your mysterious meetings and relationships with a cast of suspected and convicted criminals. In what way has this enhanced Torontonians’ pride in their city?

That you’re still wearing the chain of office is bad enough. That you would wear it to a ceremony honouring men and women who put their lives on the line for their country is appalling. The idea of showing respect for the office may not mean much to you, Mr. Ford, but it means something to the rest of us.

Yeah, I honestly wonder what I’d do if he was re-elected. I want to be geographically loyal to Toronto forever, but that would depress/infuriate me so much, it would definitely test my civic fidelity. I would perhaps need to move away for my own health.

Move. I would. You can't stay in the same place forever.

Everyone should vote for this guy!!!
From the Globe and Mail today....Ronald Hill, national Hero....

the mayor mingled with veterans at a lunch-time reception at City Hall, one expressed displeasure at Mr. Ford’s participation in the event. “I definitely do not think it’s appropriate,” said Ronald Hill, 91, who served as a code breaker during World War II. “I put my life on the line, that son-of-a-bitch was boozing and cracking.”

pattycakes, that is ridiculous. I think we need to take a serious look at the collective IQ in Toronto. What is wrong with people?

Carville is a bit of a nut, but that is what the world is saying about our mayor. I spoke with a friend in Calgary tonight, she said that Rob is the hot topic in Calgary. We had a good laugh, a form of gallows humour, I guess.

It was amazing how much territory they covered in what was probably less than a 10 minute segment. This is what professional news organizations can do - quite a contrast to the amateurish CBC report from last Friday.

I do think some good things came out of the Fifth Estate's piece. But yes I agree, it was a short segment, but they covered things that hadn't been covered by our own reporters.

Not too sure if anyone posted this but:

Dear Friends,

Here is a copy of my remarks from today's Remembrance Day Service:
Canada's first Remembrance Day was held on this day in 1919 to mark the first anniversary of the end of the First World War. And so, as we have done for the last 94 years, the people of Toronto join all Canadians to remember and honour those who have fought for our freedom.
We honour and remember the service and sacrifice of more than one and a half million Canadians. It is hoped that by remembering, we will do all we can to strive for peace.
This year, Canada marks several significant anniversaries. This is the year that we officially recognize the six long years of the Battle of the Atlantic. We also mark the 60th anniversary of the end of the Korean War. Canada joined the Korean War in support of the United Nations ideals of peace and freedom. In the pursuit of a global peace, over 26,000 Canadians served in the Korean War. The names of the 516 Canadians who died are recorded in the Korea Book of Remembrance.
Since then, over 125,000 Canadians have served in pursuit of a global peace. Those who did not return are owed a debt that can never be repaid. Today, we remember those who have served Canada so valiantly in times of need.
I hope all Torontonians will join me in thanking and supporting our proud veterans for their service.
As always, please contact me at 416-397-FORD (3673) or email me at mayor_ford@toronto.ca if I can ever be of assistance to you.
Yours truly,
Mayor Rob Ford
OFFICE OF THE MAYOR
Mayor Ford's Four Priorities:
1 Customer Service Excellence
2 Transparent & Accountable Government
3 Reduced Cost and Size of Government
4 Transportation City

It was kind of helpful to me to see the Somalian community, I live in a rural area. I really never pictured it correctly in my mind. Not that it influences how I feel about the whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back