238     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 995     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was amazing how much territory they covered in what was probably less than a 10 minute segment. This is what professional news organizations can do - quite a contrast to the amateurish CBC report from last Friday.

You mean "professional news journalists" like Robyn Doolittle and Kevin Donovan don't you?

Anyway, CNN sure was a "total contrast" to the CBC, in that it was a total lightweight puff piece--from the 'hunky dude reporter' on down.

Hockey jokes? "Canadians are so friendly, so nice!"? "wow, no metal detectors at city hall!", jokes about maple flavoured crack?? Not one comment from an anti-Ford voter or City Councillor??

You call that covering a lot of ground?

Give me a break.

Hallelujah....a Christmas Miracle of sorts! Hopefully he sticks to this decision, but who knows with this guy.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-will-not-be-marching-in-santa-claus-parade-1.1538791
I thought this was interesting:
“I kind of thought you know, you have the mayor of your city walking and waving at you, and like our celebrity clowns, and I thought it was pretty neat -- but that’s his choice.”
RF is now a real-life celebrity clown.

You mean "professional news journalists" like Robyn Doolittle and Kevin Donovan don't you?

Anyway, CNN sure was a "total contrast" to the CBC, in that it was a total lightweight puff piece--from the 'hunky dude reporter' on down.

Hockey jokes? "Canadians are so friendly, so nice!"? "wow, no metal detectors at city hall!", jokes about maple flavoured crack?? Not one comment from an anti-Ford voter or City Councillor??

Give me a break.

No new ground in further burying the Mayor; therefore, more pro than the folks that broke the story. Or something.

Give me a break.
Yes, why have there been virtually no interviews with the Anti-Ford nationalities?
All the air time is given to brain dead Ford zombies.

Give me a break.

The Fifth Estate piece was a great summary of the Ford saga for the kinds of people who only half-overhear newsbites while they cook dinner, which is extremely important if we want to avoid electing another guy like him in the future. I also think it's important to remember that CNN is another corperate "news" organization with a lot of money coming in and dictating how they report, and comparatively the CBC has a lot fewer resources to work with.

Mainstream US news is usually garbage, the CNN bit was no exception.

Doesn't the Rob Ford bobble-head look awfully like someone else...

BYpGrK-IUAAnQmZ.jpg

Attachments

• BYpGrK-IUAAnQmZ.jpg
    BYpGrK-IUAAnQmZ.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 707
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back