News   Jun 27, 2024
 95     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 497     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford's lawyers must've been tearing their hair out

Hotmail Shyster actually said, "Why would they even do that?" What a total shitshow.

Clarification: I didn't mean to say Ford's humiliation is hilarious.... it's very sad actually. Was referring to blog link about the reality show.

On tomorrow's episode of Rob Ford's Self Destruction: released wiretap transcripts show Rob Ford soliciting drugs from Sandro Lisi. Tune in tomorrow! Same bat time, same bat channel!

image-268033-full.jpg

Yes! MetroMan comes to save the day

[Can someone please create a theme song for MetroMan :D]

One thing I'm finding is that a lot of us are putting the "matriarch" on an unnecessary pedestal. Look, remember folks: she's the "matriarch" in a heavily patriarchal family. She only seems more commanding than she is because she's widowed, and because she comes across as halfway "normal", because she's of a pre-drug-casualty generation where "halfway normal" is default mode, at least among her kind of classic postwar blue-collar aristocracy. But otherwise...her cloudy goody-nicey delusion is perfectly characteristic of that neo-Stepfordian state of being that's the typical housewife within a postwar blue-collar aristocracy. You can tell that the dotted line representing Doug Sr. is still watching her every move, making sure she falls in line and is "good" and "proper". And you can see why she'd be so cloudy re the gravity of what's presently happening to "Robbie" and, indeed, the whole family--"how could it be? everyone's so nice!"

A Ford quote from one of the Renata articles:
“I had a few drinks at Valentine’s Day dinner with my wife. It was a mistake, I shouldn’t have been driving but I owned up to my mistake,” the National Post reported in 2010 after the incident became public.

One of the striking things about that line of defence, both in the above quote and in its more recent expressions, is that Rob is excessively proud when he owns up to something. It's as if admitting a mistake were the same as dealing with its implications. "OK, yes, I have a serious drinking problem and I smoke crack. Now that I've admitted it, we can all move on." It's striking because it implies an ethical code where the main transgression is getting caught. The acts themselves, and what they say about the person committing them, are beside the point. It's almost like he's steeped in a criminal culture...

Yes! MetroMan comes to save the day

[Can someone please create a theme song for MetroMan :D]

"MetroMan, MetroMan,
Does whatever a savior can
Posts a leak, any size,
Exposes liars just like flies
Look out!
Here comes the MetroMan.

Is he smart?
Listen bud,
He's a press stud.
Can he post in a thread
Take a look at last replied,
Hey, there
There posts the MetroMan.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He replies just in time.

MetroMan, MetroMan
Friendly neighborhood MetroMan
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
The truth is his reward.

To him, life is a great big crack up
Whenever there's a scoop up
You'll find the MetroMan."

-Save Toronto
(as a side-note: MetroMan, please email me at info@savetoronto.ca; we need your help on something (small)!)

Last edited:
A Ford quote from one of the Renata articles:

One of the striking things about that line of defence, both in the above quote and in its more recent expressions, is that Rob is excessively proud when he owns up to something. It's as if admitting a mistake were the same as dealing with its implications. "OK, yes, I have a serious drinking problem and I smoke crack. Now that I've admitted it, we can all move on." It's striking because it implies an ethical code where the main transgression is getting caught. The acts themselves, and what they say about the person committing them, are beside the point. It's almost like he's steeped in a criminal culture...

That and I would bet money that if he did something wrong as a kid, his parents only made him apologize without doing anything to rectify it. I think a lot of Ford's problems comes from the way he was raised (beyond simply being raised in what is most likely a criminal world). I'm not usually a parent blamer but the interview today showed it. Rob never has to face consequences.

"MetroMan, MetroMan,
Does whatever a savior can
Posts a leak, any size,
Exposes liars just like flies
Look out!
Here comes the MetroMan.

Is he smart?
Listen bud,
He's a press stud.
Can he post in a thread
Take a look at last replied,
Hey, there
There posts the MetroMan.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He replies just in time.

MetroMan, MetroMan
Friendly neighborhood MetroMan
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
The truth is his reward.

To him, life is a great big crack up
Whenever there's a scoop up
You'll find the MetroMan."

-Save Toronto
(as a side-note: MetroMan, please email me at info@savetoronto.ca; we need your help on something (small)!)

Ahem, what good are lyrics without music ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back