668     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 839     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 622     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of Ford's problems comes from the way he was raised (beyond simply being raised in what is most likely a criminal world).

Largely the siblings' criminal world. I'd take the parents halfway off the hook--or at most, they "appreciated" the money young Randy & Doug was hauling in, even if it was through seamy means...

So weird seeing Patrick Stewart cracking Rob Ford jokes.

well, he has the meme posters to go with this mess:
319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

picard-facepalm-540x432.jpg

After today's revelations, Colbert's piece the other night has become 1000 times more appropriate.

In all seriousness though, the saddest thing is that there are people from all corners offering this man the help he needs, but he refuses. Likewise there are countless lost souls who really do want help with their problems, but don't know where to turn to find it.

Once Ford is kicked out, let's start a Kickstarter to create an animated web series chronicling Rob Ford's life, with emphasis on his hubris. The series would have a comical tone, yet be informative enough for viewers to learn about the facts with regards to Ford's life (including the various lies he spouted).

Who would want to do the voice acting? The animation? The music? The story? We need to come up with approximate funds needed to make this project a reality. If we make it to the millions, we can hire a renowned comedian (depending on how much we raised) to narrate the series.

Largely the siblings' criminal world. I'd take the parents halfway off the hook--or at most, they "appreciated" the money young Randy & Doug was hauling in, even if it was through seamy means...

I don't know about that. Doug Ford SR always seemed a little fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if as a younger man who was involved in some sort of crime. But this is merely speculation.

I felt the same.

Also all I could think of was the John Tory Toronto Life quote, and how we're living "Robbie's turn". We're living the realization of a dysfunctional family's dream. That's horrifying.

Yes, I have been thinking that it seems like the whole city is in (dragged into?) a co-dependant relationship with someone going through an addiction/mental health breakdown. The whole city is experiencing the surreal quality that that experience brings, including disorientation, compassion, anger,

I don't know about that. Doug Ford SR always seemed a little fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if as a younger man who was involved in some sort of crime. But this is merely speculation.
Pure speculation as well, but all of their kids are fucked up. The parents must have done something.
All families are dysfunctional in some way. But not all families have drug addiction, alcoholism, and pathological lying in all the children.

One thing I'm finding is that a lot of us are putting the "matriarch" on an unnecessary pedestal. Look, remember folks: she's the "matriarch" in a heavily patriarchal family. She only seems more commanding than she is because she's widowed, and because she comes across as halfway "normal", because she's of a pre-drug-casualty generation where "halfway normal" is default mode, at least among her kind of classic postwar blue-collar aristocracy. But otherwise...her cloudy goody-nicey delusion is perfectly characteristic of that neo-Stepfordian state of being that's the typical housewife within a postwar blue-collar aristocracy. You can tell that the dotted line representing Doug Sr. is still watching her every move, making sure she falls in line and is "good" and "proper". And you can see why she'd be so cloudy re the gravity of what's presently happening to "Robbie" and, indeed, the whole family--"how could it be? everyone's so nice!"

I agree she is elevated to a level where she faces little criticism for her role in all of this. Now that she's publicly thrown her opinions into the mix, I hope she is held to account for her role in extending Toronto's torture at the hands of The Ford Mayoralty.

"MetroMan, MetroMan,
Does whatever a savior can
Posts a leak, any size,
Exposes liars just like flies
Look out!
Here comes the MetroMan.

Is he smart?
Listen bud,
He's a press stud.
Can he post in a thread
Take a look at last replied,
Hey, there
There posts the MetroMan.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He replies just in time.

MetroMan, MetroMan
Friendly neighborhood MetroMan
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
The truth is his reward.

To him, life is a great big crack up
Whenever there's a scoop up
You'll find the MetroMan."

-Save Toronto
(as a side-note: MetroMan, please email me at info@savetoronto.ca; we need your help on something (small)!)

Oh my gawd I'm in tears! That's hilarious! Bahahaha :eek:

I'll email you tomorrow.

Dan Speerin's Truth Mashup Presents A Comedic Look on Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's scandal and history as mayor. 'BuzzFord: Mayor of the Internets". In this special we take a look at how mayor Ford came to power, the media that helped him get there and the situation he is in right now. Watch!

[video=youtube;c5Z2whZeTbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Z2whZeTbM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back